Charger Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
4,203 Posts
When more 2023 cars start hitting the dealer lots they will enable the 2023 Build and Price. They view the B&P as a comparison tool to the current cars on the lot (2022) not for early ordering info and want you heading to the dealers for information. I know that sounds crazy but that is what they have said before.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
20 Posts
Am I missing something? It's January and I don't see an option for 2023 yet for either the Charger or Challenger. I don't remember it being this late for the new model year build to be up. It kind of forces me to go to a dealer, which I really don't want to do.
I built a new charger online only to get to the dealer and find that some things weren't available because the build was 2022.I had to sit down with the person in charge of ordering vehicles to get it done. Many things such as color and stripes, 2 tone seats, red calipers and etc. were not available.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I built a new charger online only to get to the dealer and find that some things weren't available because the build was 2022.I had to sit down with the person in charge of ordering vehicles to get it done. Many things such as color and stripes, 2 tone seats, red calipers and etc. were not available.
That's exactly what I'm talking about and shouldn't be happening. We're living in 2023, but Dodge sure isn't!

· Registered
97 Posts
I wanted to do a build on a 2023 Scat identical to my 2021. Since 2023's aren't there, I tried to build a 2022 identical to my 21. I couldn't do it because the configuration that mine has wasn't available in a 22.

· Registered
9 Posts
Am I missing something? It's January and I don't see an option for 2023 yet for either the Charger or Challenger. I don't remember it being this late for the new model year build to be up. It kind of forces me to go to a dealer, which I really don't want to do.
They’re going to be more expensive. My salesman said they will sell them for full sticker and above.

· Registered
10 Posts
They’re going to be more expensive. My salesman said they will sell them for full sticker and above.
Prices were raised at mutlple points last year on the 2022's and demand continued to build. Still you gotta wonder how much more they can raise prices on the 2023's. With prices increasing and dealers less willing to negotiate, Dodge will test out the limits of demand for these cars. The last year of the factory order hemi muscle car is the end of an era. As people wake up to this reality, I bet we'll see plenty willing to pay up to get one. How much is the question.

· Registered
2,528 Posts
Prices were raised at mutlple points last year on the 2022's and demand continued to build. Still you gotta wonder how much more they can raise prices on the 2023's. With prices increasing and dealers less willing to negotiate, Dodge will test out the limits of demand for these cars. The last year of the factory order hemi muscle car is the end of an era. As people wake up to this reality, I bet we'll see plenty willing to pay up to get one. How much is the question.
Yes I was looking in early 2022 to trade up the 2021 Scat to a Redeye. They raised the price and crippled the options on it to force buyers to the Jailbroke model. At that point I was out even on a Group Buy price.

I can’t imagine buying these on credit with 7% interest.

I love the cars but enough is enough. I’d get a cut price Tesla Model Y with the tax credit and still have money for an older Hemi, especially with used prices coming down this year.

· Registered
5,665 Posts
I want to see someone pay $100k for a 392. I think I said that when these cars were announced. I wanna see what a bonehead that person is.

· Registered
150 Posts
I want to see someone pay $100k for a 392. I think I said that when these cars were announced. I wanna see what a bonehead that person is.

Scary to think, but I think we may be there Flyers. At 70k, 7 years, and 8.00% interest you are at 91k and some change all in just on the loan. Imagine taxes and fees thrown on top? Or being upside down on a loan and trading one in to add to it. We are scarily getting close to or over the 100k mark.

Neil

· Registered
2,528 Posts
To say nothing of the insurance costs. My SXT is triple my ‘06 Accord. The 10 year outlay on mine is a nightmare.
Had to shop around but my Scat insurance is the about the same as any other sedan. It depends on location but if your not in the big city in a high crime area, but I don’t see why a V6 SXT should be priced differently than a Toyota Camry.

I would shop rates for equivalent large V6 sedans and see how it compares. Don’t pay Hellcat insurance prices.

· Registered
9 Posts
Had to shop around but my Scat insurance is the about the same as any other sedan. It depends on location but if your not in the big city in a high crime area, but I don’t see why a V6 SXT should be priced differently than a Toyota Camry.

I would shop rates for equivalent large V6 sedans and see how it compares. Don’t pay Hellcat insurance prices.
I can’t because mine is bundled with homeowners and when my wife was in an accident, my insurance really came through for us. Evidently, these cars have national ratings for comp and collision and this one is rated at 52 while an Accord is rated at 12. I thought the same thing, that this is a sedan and I hopefully won’t get whacked. But I did.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts