Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something? It's January and I don't see an option for 2023 yet for either the Charger or Challenger. I don't remember it being this late for the new model year build to be up. It kind of forces me to go to a dealer, which I really don't want to do.

· Registered
88 Posts
I'm pretty sure Dodge isn't worried about that considering how high the demand has been for cars in general over the past few years. Doesn't help that '23 is the last year for them and some dealers are already sold out of their allocations.

· Registered
8,285 Posts
I'm pretty sure Dodge isn't worried about that considering how high the demand has been for cars in general over the past few years. Doesn't help that '23 is the last year for them and some dealers are already sold out of their allocations.
Translation: There is more emphasis on making the dealers wealthy than keeping their customers happy. At least that's been my read.

The sooner the independent dealer model dies, the better. Buying a car should be like buying a refrigerator. You walk in, look at the price tag, you pay, they deliver. The fact that you have to go through the gauntlet of smarmy sales tactics, predatory lending and waste hours of your time to hand someone your money is just crazy.

Best,

· Registered
2,568 Posts
Right no worries until the order books close (or dealer allocation dries up) for Hemis in the summer.

Incentives on 2022 SP are pathetic.

Finance for

7.26% APR

For 60 months
They may be getting desperate buyers for Last Call cars, but the lots are filling up with other models with buyers putting off BIG ticket items with inflation impact, high interest rates, and economic recession.

We’ll see if the electrified First Call 2024 eMuscle bring the phantom eMopar herd stampeding into the dealerships.

· Registered
5,726 Posts
Right no worries until the order books close (or dealer allocation dries up) for Hemis in the summer.

Incentives on 2022 SP are pathetic.

They may be getting desperate buyers for Last Call cars, but the lots are filling up with other models with buyers putting off BIG ticket items with inflation impact, high interest rates, and economic recession.

We’ll see if the electrified First Call 2024 eMuscle bring the phantom eMopar herd stampeding into the dealerships.
I don't think they're desperate for buyers at all, I think it's the opposite. People keep paying $70k for a 392, they'll keep selling them at ridiculous prices with no promos.

Reactions: LocuMob

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Regardless of how many cars Dodge is selling, they spend a fortune on TV advertising and such. It doesn't make sense to spend millions of dollars to direct you to an obsolete website that doesn't allow you to have a clue about the model year car they're advertising. In this age of information being instantly available at your fingertips, it's just plain stupid!
I'd rather see it the other way around. The website should be updated for cars to be built and priced for cars that aren't available yet. That builds anticipation.

· Registered
88 Posts
Build anticipation for what? A platform that hasn’t changed significantly in many years, has a high demand, and is now in its sendoff year?

I’m not trying to disagree with you at all, as I agree with your position, but I see from a business standpoint why there isn’t much urgency put into the website configurator.

· Registered
7,577 Posts
Right, once the Last Call hemi cars are gone in 2023, the fun begins.

$70k for a 392 at 7.26% I don’t even want to think about it.

We can see you salivating all over your keyboard koron. You want one. So do I. LOL

But we aren't stupid enough to buy one under the conditions you posted. However, Im sure some folks are desperate and will buy one at 70k at 7.26% if not more. This whole Last Call is like a remake of the Bobby Trippe, scene in Deliverance.

· Registered
2,568 Posts
We can see you salivating all over your keyboard koron. You want one. So do I. LOL

But we aren't stupid enough to buy one under the conditions you posted. However, Im sure some folks are desperate and will buy one at 70k at 7.26% if not more. This whole Last Call is like a remake of the Bobby Trippe, scene in Deliverance.
I have a 2021 in the garage. My only mistake was not getting it on 2020 and saving another $5k with Power Dollars. But I’m good at EPP cost and ZERO percent.

I warned people this would happen close to the end.

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Build anticipation for what? A platform that hasn’t changed significantly in many years, has a high demand, and is now in its sendoff year?

I’m not trying to disagree with you at all, as I agree with your position, but I see from a business standpoint why there isn’t much urgency put into the website configurator.
I know most everyone here knows these cars very well, but not everyone follows forums as we do and knows what changes in colors, or other options may have changed for 2023. Then there's actual pricing as surely that's different. I don't want to go to a dealer to configure my car when it could easily be done on a website, IF it was set up to do so.
One example I ran into just this week was, I'd read here that all HC Chargers are wide bodies this year. I was not aware, however, that Challengers can still be ordered either way. Now if I didn't know that, I certainly would not expect the average person to. When researching ANY product, the first thing anyone normally does is go to that products website. I personally don't think it's asking to much for a website to properly represent a $80,000+ HC I'd like to configure without having to go to a dealer. I'd be surprised if there's another car company out there that can be that lackadaisical towards the group they're trying to market to. The very fact these cars ARE based on previous years with minimal changes is exactly why it should take minimal effort to update the site.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts