Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does the Daytona get its extra 10 horsepower when compared to an R/T?

I couldn't find the answer in a search.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Ive had that question for over a year now... I guezz I never thought on posting it here... hmmm
I guess I dont really care since predator will give me 20+hp :D

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Intake and exhaust. The intake is a little more free flowing, as is the exhaust. Install those two items and you can have those 10hp for yourself.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
it has a bigger air box and air tube to the throttle/and the suit case muffler is a straight threw design unlike the r/t that has a bend in the muffler. there is also a rumor that the PCM has a small program difference. but the torque is the same on both cars so it doesnt make a hill of beans difference on the 10 pony's

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
EVERYBODY is WRONG!

the extra 10 horsepower come directly from the HEMI decal on the hood!!!

edit- my bad, just looked it up and the hood decal is 4 hp, the trunk black out is 4, and the daytona decals are 1 a piece...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Someone told me the cam is bigger. Haven't researched though...
Not that I have ever heard of!
The promotional info listed:

The 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T features a five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick and a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine that offers 350 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque.
By using a less restrictive intake system and moving to a straight-through muffler from a three-pass muffler, the newly tuned 5.7-liter HEMI gets a 10-horsepower boost and a throaty, high-performance tone to match.
If you look at a stock Charger or Magnum 5.7 ait tube from the filter to the intake it is like a tube! The Daytona Charger is shaped like a funnel and had a larger area to take in air from the filter! Someone should market that!:lol: Can't touch this!:headbang:

·
Registered
309 Posts
EVERYBODY is WRONG!

edit- my bad, just looked it up and the hood decal is 4 hp, the trunk black out is 4, and the daytona decals are 1 a piece...
Then where do the extra 10 come from on the R&T package, do the red badges vs. chrome make up for it?

·
Registered
381 Posts
R&T are the same as daytonas without the stickers and flashy colors.

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK, I was wondering what my HP should be. I added the K&N CAI, completely removed the muffler, and did the performance tune (91 Octane) with my superchips programmer. How much HP would this increase my 340 horse charger RT? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
OK, I was wondering what my HP should be. I added the K&N CAI, completely removed the muffler, and did the performance tune (91 Octane) with my superchips programmer. How much HP would this increase my 340 horse charger RT? Thanks for the info!
the only way to know what your car is making is to have it dyno'd. it'd prolly cost like 50 bucks. but every car comes out of the factory different. some cars dyno at 270 and some dyno at 300 completely stock! the only way to tell how much you've gained is to do a stock dyno and a modded dyno as close together as possible.

any1 can throw a number out there, so heres mine: k&n cai-6 hp, removed muffler making exhaust straight through- 2 hp, 91 tune-12 hp so now your up to 360 crank HP woohoo:rockon:

·
Registered
523 Posts
EVERYBODY is WRONG!

Yep, it's the decals, which explains all those 800 HP ricers out there...well, you gotta count in the 1.5" inlet/6" outlet chrome exhaust tips, those are good for 40 HP at the crank. My buddy also has a "Type R" oil filler cap, and he claims 25 HP with that mod alone. :grin:

·
Registered
657 Posts
EVERYBODY is WRONG!

X2.... Don't by the whole intake, and exhaust stuff. The power comes straight from the Hemi, Daytona, and deck lid decals. Also having a top banana, or sublime is good for 1 extra HP, based off sheer color.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Yep, it's the decals, which explains all those 800 HP ricers out there...well, you gotta count in the 1.5" inlet/6" outlet chrome exhaust tips, those are good for 40 HP at the crank. My buddy also has a "Type R" oil filler cap, and he claims 25 HP with that mod alone. :grin:
dude where can we buy a "Type R" filler car for our cars?!? billet tech should totally make those!:headbang:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
20 Participants
tims96se
Charger Forums
ChargerForums to connect with the Dodge Charger community to discuss SRT, Hellcat models, maintenance, mods and more.
Full Forum Listing