Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK... I hate to admit it, but.... that SRT4 is somethig else! I was on Hwy41 in Kennesaw, GA, on Saturday. I punched it at a light, and all of a sudden, I was being passed by this little blue thing.... ...an SRT4... I finally got up next to him, gave him my props (the old wink-and-nod) and we parted ways... pretty flippin' impresive, but I will GLADLY stick with my R/T ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah man i love my r/t also, but got in an srt4 w/ a stage 2 turbo....wow is all i can say....it weighed about 250 though i am kind of a big guy...lol. i was really impressed with that thing. but yeah in the end i would rather be in my charger at the end of the day.....a little of topic...that srt4 i was in could smoke any mustang out there...and it's a neon....lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah that car's sweet. but, honestly, the number one thing that makes me not want to buy it is the fact that the front windows are power and the rears are manual. its just a really fast rental car. way to hide that fact dodge. bravo.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
yeah that car's sweet. but, honestly, the number one thing that makes me not want to buy it is the fact that the front windows are power and the rears are manual. its just a really fast rental car. way to hide that fact dodge. bravo.
Plus Neons have such a sh!t reputation...but at least it is in the Dodge family...

EAT SOME RICE!

·
Registered
769 Posts
littleJohnnyfromNJ, becareful dude. We are being swamped with these Ricers in our area and have started taking no mercy on them. This is an ongoing problem that pops every Friday, Saturday and Sunday(though limited number).

Just to give you a heads up and fair warning, if caught racing, its most likely a trip to County Services ADC, a trip to Wilburs for your car and an ass load of Cites. Though, not to call you old, you sound like a mature poster.

Things to be cautious about, tint violations(no darker than 32%), tag frame covers. Tag Frame covers that are tinted or conceal the Month/County/Year is a state mandated fine of $200. Blue lights, redlight amber light.

For what it is worth, I have let a couple Chargers slide for traffic infractions. I mean I didn't even turn around on them and stop, but just kept going.

This past week end, I got 12 ricers for about 50 cites. If they want to play in this area, then they better not get caught or have equipment violations.

On an off topic, I think I have seen that Blue SRT-4. And I have seen a Silver Charger last week on Jim Owens with a dented front quarter panel (Drivers side I think.)

Another Charger driver I came across was at a domestic call. I had seen him about a couple of days before the incident and remember that he had a semoian tatt on his left bicept. When I went to his house, I asked him if he had a semoain tat on him left bicept, he was stunned. Had to tell him I saw him a couple of days earilier.

Anyway, becareful Johnny.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
:whistle: :wave: :rockon: :wink: :yes:
Thats my 3100 lb baby. :happy:

·
Registered
263 Posts
"You ask any racer...any real racer....it makes no difference if you win my an inch or by a mile...winning is winning"

"Junior, remind me when we get home to punch your momma in the mouth"

some some quotes that came to mind...just being stupid....

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey bob is that like that for all states....the year and month thing on the lic. plate....my dang lic. plate holder covers them up pretty good....not by choice but by accident....hope i don't get pulled over for something like that.....that would suck.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
dagummit said:
"You ask any racer...any real racer....it makes no difference if you win my an inch or by a mile...winning is winning"

"Junior, remind me when we get home to punch your momma in the mouth"

some some quotes that came to mind...just being stupid....
someone pry the alcohol from this fingers....it is a monday man....lol

·
Registered
769 Posts
dagummit said:
Dysentery Bob...btw, why do you call yourself that? Do you sh!t alot or something?
Back in '98 and '99 I started playing Diablo online. Got real tired of seeing players with common names. I came up with two to that were unique and distinctive, Dysentery Bob and Lazy Eye Bob. They have stuck with me since and I have created a decent online rep with them.

Plus my wife's cooking sucks. :sick:

Not really, but I like the names so I keep them.

·
Registered
769 Posts
GoDaddy said:
hey bob is that like that for all states....the year and month thing on the lic. plate....my dang lic. plate holder covers them up pretty good....not by choice but by accident....hope i don't get pulled over for something like that.....that would suck.
I am not sure about your state, but in Georgia its a equipment violation.

·
Registered
769 Posts
My new philosophy is that I will hammer the **** out of these ricers, for anything and every thing I can. The more I cite, then fewer mods they can add, the fewer times that nitrous take is filled and in the long run, they accumulate points. Driver’s license goes POOF. Insurance climbs faster than they can keep up with.

Real tired of seeing these idiots racing on busy road at 100 mph plus and blowing read lights in the process. What makes matters worse is the fact that there are a good number of families that commute in our area to take advantage of establishments.

Anyway, enough of my rant.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Whoa there, DB. Just becuase its a fast 4 cylinder, its a ricer, to be cited for any infraction, while you let Chargers go? Bias much? I completey understand hammering folks who drive like jackasses, but that should anyone who drives a certain way, not just your seemingly narrow definition of "ricer".

The original post had to with getting and recieving respect from another kind of car, no stupid driving, nothing dangerous. Sorry if this bugs you. but I like my law enforcement evenhanded, not filtered by preconceptions.

·
Registered
769 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Whoa there, DB. Just becuase its a fast 4 cylinder, its a ricer, to be cited for any infraction, while you let Chargers go? Bias much? I completey understand hammering folks who drive like jackasses, but that should anyone who drives a certain way, not just your seemingly narrow definition of "ricer".

The original post had to with getting and recieving respect from another kind of car, no stupid driving, nothing dangerous. Sorry if this bugs you. but I like my law enforcement evenhanded, not filtered by preconceptions.

True...I have not seen the serious infractions by the Charger owners in this area that this group exhibits. This is most likely that Charger owners are older and more mature therefor are not doing these stunts.

As for enforcement, every officer goes out with his/her preconceptions of whats important and not. While there are things some guys/gals over look, I go after with a vengence. In the two departments I have worked at I have seen too many fatalities due to accident that involved racing. Furthermore, my family was nearly T-boned by a one of these idiots. So yes, my preconceptions are a little filtered.

Anyway back to the orginal topic, its was just a heads up to Johnny to be careful. I would have to agree that the Dodge SRT4 is nice looking, but it is too small. Then again, it would make a nice companion to the charger for when gas prices goes up again.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Dysentery Bob said:
True...I have not seen the serious infractions by the Charger owners in this area that this group exhibits. This is most likely that Charger owners are older and more mature therefor are not doing these stunts.
You're right on with the demographics. Male, mid forties, earning around $75 to 90k, probably not college grad, likely to have a family.

Nobody kick me, that's just the demographic niche I've read about for the Charger, that's their marketing target and likely purchaser.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
You know, when the younger (remember, I'm 40) SRT owners ***** about being "targeted" by LEOs, I've always been the first one to tell them to get over it, its just a cop doing his job. Evidently, I was wrong.

Behavior, not type of car, should determine who gets pulled over.

I know this is off topic and I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
769 Posts
joescat said:
You're right on with the demographics. Male, mid forties, earning around $75 to 90k, probably not college grad, likely to have a family.

Nobody kick me, that's just the demographic niche I've read about for the Charger, that's their marketing target and likely purchaser.

But GLH is right. I went OT, though I was giving Johnny a warning to be careful and not get caught.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts