Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it cost money?

Also interested in taking my car to a track. Never been to one. Where do you go and how much does that cost?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
what suburb are you in

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Typically about $375.00 for a single dyno run and about $150.00 for an 1/8 mile run, plus a $100.00 track deposit. A quart of headlight fluid usually runs around $25.00 at the track, so be sure to bring some with you. :smoke: :smoke:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Randy ... where do you dyno your car at for 375.00???

I would never pay that amount for a dyno pull...

We have dyno days out here in Cali, we pay from $50-90 for 2 or 3 pulls with a print out... and sometimes they do a lunch for us...

I have no idea about your area but that is what dyno's cost around here... hope it helps you out..

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Randy ... where do you dyno your car at for 375.00???

I would never pay that amount for a dyno pull...

We have dyno days out here in Cali, we pay from $50-90 for 2 or 3 pulls with a print out... and sometimes they do a lunch for us...

I have no idea about your area but that is what dyno's cost around here... hope it helps you out..
LOL... :dead:

I thought for sure that the Headlight Fluid comment would end confusion.. :zombie:

-R

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
what kind of headlight fluid you running in yours i have full synthetic in mine

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
ok seriusly now we got our jokes out now lets help this guy out. i used to live in the northwest suburbs. Arlington heights areas and have a lot of family in wheaton and west chicago so if ya let me know where your at i might be able to offer some help. also not sure if this would help but look up midwest racing they should be able to point you in the direction you are looking for as for track time usually the drag strips have a test and tune day and its about 20-30 bucks to put it on the track. as for the dyno if you have nothing done to it and just want a baseline to find out how much of a differance your mods are when you add them then you can get away pretty cheap likee 50-75 for one pull. its around 150 for 3 pulls but if your not adjusting anything like fuel spark or timming then just go for a single pull to give you an idea good luck and keep oon reading the postds on here sometimes you will get through the junk and find out some good info on the products comming out and already available

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
LOL... :dead:

I thought for sure that the Headlight Fluid comment would end confusion.. :zombie:

-R

Randy way would you make such a post. He was asking a legit question and you give him non-sense like this???

Try and help the guy out and then if the thread goes out of control, then you can post IMO stupid stuff like this.

This is why I hang out on the other site more....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
...This is why I hang out on the other site more....
likewise

I'm not a stupid person and have been around for quite a while. I probably had a Charger before most of you. In any case I have been having trouble finding a place to take my new SRT that appears to have come with some mods the dealer was unaware of even though they still gave it the 80,000 mile Crysler CPO warranty! The dealer didn't even know what a CAI was. example: I showed them the $40 filter was dirty and wanted it replaced. They determined the cost was $250 so they gave me more money!

There were places nearby when I got my R/T but they have since closed or disconnected their phone numbers. I got a dyno free at a place that did some other things with that R/T so I had no idea what the cost would be.

I am in the Algonquin/Crystal Lake area but could go to Arlington Heights (just didn't want to go that far)

Thanks for your comments wishing for hemi

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
on golf road in schaumburg there is a place clled the car boutique. i was there about 1.5 years ago and they were saying they had a dyno comming in the near future. not sure if they ever got one or not but you could look them up also

·
Registered
8 Posts
Street Stuff in Addison $75-$85 for 2 pulls.

Ed - Dee's other 1/2

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It is kind of far for you but Speedquest on the far west side of Waukegan near Gurnee and RT41 is who me and a few others use. $65.00 for 2 pulls with A/F's.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Sounds like you Chicago guy's should try and set up a Meet & Greet & Dyno Day at a shop....

Shop's usually give discounts for larger groups and sometimes buy breakfest and lunch...

Just a thought...

We always do this here in Cali...

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shop's usually give discounts for larger groups and sometimes buy breakfest and lunch...

Exactly what Street Stuff did for my Impala SS club. Portillos beef mmmmm gooood!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts