Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car looks so cool with a push bar the cop cars have. It's like something out of Mad-Max. Google offers no help. Getting ready to roll up my sleeves an do it myself. I can't believe this is a new topic.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
WHY?....need 10 charters to post.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I bought a brush guard for my Durango from an Ebay seller that has access to a fabrication shop. Here is a link to a current auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...010QQitemZ200233809952QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V Click on ask seller a question and ask him if he can make a push bar for you or if he knows where you can get one. I think his name is Eddie and the company is dealsofsteel.com. Another idea that comes to mind is going to a police station that has Chargers in the fleet and ask if you can talk to the mechanic. He would definately know where and how to get one. There are also many police officers on the Forum that might be able to help you out. Good Luck with your search, and I happen to agree with you that the push bar looks sick on a Charger!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Try any police supply company Like Galls. Look for companys like Go Rino or stalina they make the ones for the cruisers where I work.

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
if you go to a machine shop they could prob fab you one fairly cheap, thats what my brother and his friends do with there 4 X 4s

·
Registered
383 Posts
please dont do it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a brush guard for my Durango from an Ebay seller that has access to a fabrication shop. Here is a link to a current auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...010QQitemZ200233809952QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V Click on ask seller a question and ask him if he can make a push bar for you or if he knows where you can get one. I think his name is Eddie and the company is dealsofsteel.com. Another idea that comes to mind is going to a police station that has Chargers in the fleet and ask if you can talk to the mechanic. He would definately know where and how to get one. There are also many police officers on the Forum that might be able to help you out. Good Luck with your search, and I happen to agree with you that the push bar looks sick on a Charger!!
Thank You - I'll try that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you go to a machine shop they could prob fab you one fairly cheap, thats what my brother and his friends do with there 4 X 4s
I may try that. There were a lot of good ideas. Now I can see what's most do-able and and reasonably priced. I've had good luck with machine shops in the past.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You will have to cut into your bumper...my buddy has one on his cop car. It's your call, I wouldn't do it...........
I agree with that statement....... the cutting of the front fascia verses the push bar is going to be very expensive when you go to trade in the car as most people will not want the big and over time banged up and rusty push bar on the front of the vehicle. The only reason the police cars have them is for a specfic use IE pits or the moving of a disabled vehicle to the shoulder of the road. My department did away from them due to the much lower cost they were getting from the fleet once they tried to sell them off. But it is your car and if that is the look you are going for Just go for it and post some pics of the end product :banana:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i know it's your call & all, but is it legal? Would law enforcement have something to say about it?

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you're just going for the LOOK, you should consider having it made for you, out of Aluminum, not very strong but a LOT lighter.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If you're just going for the LOOK, you should consider having it made for you, out of Aluminum, not very strong but a LOT lighter.
On that note, how about OEM Plastic like the SUV grill guards of late? You'll have a paintable surface & smoother look.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Charger07awd

Charger07awd:
I can't wait to be close enough to have a retirement date...three years! Will it be 20yrs or longer?

Congrats for Sunday!

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Bob Khat, something else you may consider. We had the Chargers on our test track, both with the push bumper and without. There was a noticeable difference in the handling of the units with the push bumpers, espically at higher speeds. From what I have read, the reason for the Battery relocation to the trunk on the Chargers was for proper weight distribution. I had the option when I got my assigned Charger with or without push bumper. I chose WITHOUT, but that is my opinion. My last unit was a Crown Vic and at that time, it was not an option, I had one (Go Rhino). If you do decide you gotta have one, there is a "No Drill No Cut" push bumper available. Just my .2 cents worth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts