Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see photos and info. I'm ready to buy and have been holding off to see what the 2015s are going to look like and what upgrades and changes have been made.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Originally, it was rumored it would be in March at whatever big Auto Show is in March...we'd get to see the updated Charger, the updated Challenger (interior updates mostly), and the Hellcat Introduction.

I've heard more recent rumblings that they will all (or some of them) be shown at Spring Fest on March 22.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Rumor is that it will be revealed at the New York International Auto Show happening April 18th – 27th, 2014.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I can't wait. I skipped Gen 2 but I think I wanna try to get a new one.

Mrs. Flex is gonna kill me.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts

I'm on stand-by too. I need a new daily driver next year and I'm hoping this will be it.

If not, I may go with a gently used 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT.

I'm still undecided, but I really like the 300 and the economics make sense. I saw a 2013 300 SRT that a customer brought into my dealer for service when I was there last and I definitely could see myself in one as a daily driver.

I have almost no interest in the 2011-2014 Charger.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts

You're getting soft.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you. I'm building a house this year so I'm looking at either late in MY14 or early MY15; I could even stretch my present vehicles (work commuter beaters and 08 Dakota V8 4WD) to MY16 if it is worth it. Desiring a 6.4 Hemi SuperBee or SRT (pretty sure a 6.2 SC Hemi is out of my budget). And I sure hope the Dart front-end is somebody's nightmare sketch.

I hear NY Auto Show too. Time for an update from the man, Resume Speed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If the charged gets the dart front end i will be fairly depressed
I really doubt that will happen. This is a refresh, not a redesign.

My prediction is a mildly updated front fascia with some form of LED running lights.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ifs been written in a few places and even shown on a concept that its a pretty good possibility.
I'll believe it when I see it. I've only seen some crappy photoshops floating around. One even had the Camaro front end on it. :lol30:

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
socal2fast and others,

I'm in the same spot too! I've been waiting to see if the updates are worth the wait. I have a G37 coupe and with a girlfriend, dog, and family four hours away it's a huge pain going anywhere far. I am worried about the price difference, I am looking at an R/T and you can get some great deals on Gen II's right now, I wonder what prices will look like for the refresh...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. I've only seen some crappy photoshops floating around. One even had the Camaro front end on it. :lol30:
Ugh...I remember that day.

For those who don't remember, there was a rendering done on Allpar where someone had created a flat "Layer" of the current Charger Front End, and used Photoshop to wrap around the the front of a Massarati (due to the thinking that at some point in the future, the two cars will share a platform). The end result looked like a mid-90's Camaro.

The thread it generated on this site began with the Usual Cast Of Character claiming that it was an exact rendering of what the 2015 Charger would look like.

I'm still not 100% sure anybody ever convinced them that this photoshop had nothing to do with the 2015 Charger.

What a brutal day that was...

·
Registered
22 Posts
The internet is Mother the internet is Father the internet is Friend and it is the source of all the best stuff! yeah you gotta love the internet! Really though I've seen a lot of stuff where the more classic front ends are placed on the current bodies and I think it looks awesome, it wouldn't hurt for them to try taking things that way. :rocker:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can't wait to see what the upgrades and updates are on both the Charger and Challengers
for 2015 just so I know if I should just go ahead and get a 2014 :)

What is the TFT "I think that's the name" center display that people are talking about?

What is better with the New uconnect that they may come with?

Thanks just trying to learn :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in love with the 2011-2014 look, I'm doubtful they can make it look better, hopefully it's nothing like the new 2015 mustang, YUCK!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts