Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have 850 miles on my RT and for the first 300 to 400 miles i babied it but drove normal as well and up to the 800 miles from there i drove normal and punched it a few times to get that feeling of speed, I only hit 110 for now and only one time I did but I have gone real fast a few times like I said to break it in a little I guess

HERES MY ? When would be the best time to change the oil for the first time after breaking the car in, I have read that 1000 miles would be ideal for the first oil change. What do you guys suggest(First Oil Change Only Im Asking About)

·
Registered
177 Posts
It is best to wait 3k miles on a brand new car before changing the oil. Especially if you won't be using the exact same brand motor oil when you bought the car. First off it is just a waste of oil to change it sooner than that. Secondly it gives you time to drive the car and see if there is any engine trouble so they can't say you did something that caused it when you put new oil in.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Just follow the book.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have two choices.

One, read the manual. Regardless of what anyone on here says, do what is in the manual.

Two, look at the oil and determine if it needs to be changed. But if you have to ask, chances are good you're better off with option one.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I changed mine for the first time at apprx. 4300 miles. It was the first opportunity I had after driving cross-country and having the original dealer do the oil change. When it was changed at the dealership it looked as if I had just put it in the motor the day before. If you have the opportunity/time then go by the book. Slight variations do not cause problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts