Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering when I should clean, and re-charge my Mopar CAI?

I got about 7,000 k on it.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have probably about that on my AFE, I was kind of wondering when I have to clean it too.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
in the AFE cleaning manual, it says taht as long as u can see the wire mesh it should be just fine. as far a general description goes.

it says to check your filter once for every 3 times you would have replaced a paper filter(i.e. based on conditions of where you live change the life of a paper filter)

but that it should not need cleaning but about every 30K miles on average.

basically, if it looks dirty, clean it. the afe2 i have is an oiled filter so follow the directions.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
in the AFE cleaning manual, it says taht as long as u can see the wire mesh it should be just fine. as far a general description goes.

it says to check your filter once for every 3 times you would have replaced a paper filter(i.e. based on conditions of where you live change the life of a paper filter)

but that it should not need cleaning but about every 30K miles on average.

basically, if it looks dirty, clean it. the afe2 i have is an oiled filter so follow the directions.
Looking to clean my aFe too...can I use another company's oil lubricant?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
you can use another companies oil...it couldn't differ that much from anothers

I've heard anywhere from 20-50k depending on conditions etc.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
go based off what the filter looks like.

different conditions will vary so it depends. if its lost all its color and looks pretty grey then it would probably be a good idea to clean it.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
I have about 10,000 miles on mine but it's filthy...what color?!? Yeah, it's certainly not blue anymore...so i guess it's time to clean it! With all the construction that's been going on, there's a lot of dust being churned up!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine went from blue to grey. So I re-oiled (MOPAR oil kit) and it was grey again in a couple of weeks. I don't think they are going to stay blue, no matter what you do.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
they dont stay blue...its when you start seeing dust bunnies on it you should worry :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
they dont stay mopar blue. thats just the oil.

but when they are straight grey with no hint of blue...yeah its time. it means the oils all dried out and the dust has engulfed the filter.

you'll be surprise at how much dirt will come off when you clean em.

if the filter gets to dirty its hard for air to pass through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts