Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

For all you guys that actually had your cars built for you, how long did it take? I ordered an RT with the road and track package last week. Am I in for a long wait? Dealer says 4 weeks.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
boyblu95843 said:
Hey,

For all you guys that actually had your cars built for you, how long did it take? I ordered an RT with the road and track package last week. Am I in for a long wait? Dealer says 4 weeks.

Thanks
It took 2 months and 5 days for my daytona...... just to give you a genaral time frame...

·
Registered
608 Posts
My Daytona took 6 weeks from order to receiving it. Also depends where you are located. Chicago (where I am) is a much much quicker delivery time than the Southwest after the car has been built. They just trucked mine from Detroit to Chicago. No railcar. If your going across the country chances are your gonna get on a railcar, and that takes longer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was afraid of the answers I'm getting. This wait is gonna be hard. :sad:

·
Registered
630 Posts
My Daytona was 2 months, 11 days with railcar delivery. You being in Sacramento will probably put you at least 10 weeks.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Well if the strike is on...then you might have to be waiting longer

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im on the west coast & my dealer quoted 6 weeks.

BUT.. It all depends on how the DCX/CAW contract negotiations go. If no agreement is in place by 9/21/05 they strike -- then both our cars will be on indefinite hold.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered my R/T (without the R&T) on July 26 and I am still waiting for it to be built. So it will be 8 weeks tomorrow since I ordered the car, and depending on what happens with this potential strike at Brampton, probably another couple more weeks to get it built and shipped down here to Philadelphia. Uggggh. :sad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
For anybody in NoCal looking for a R&T package. I Just picked my midnight blue R/T with R&T package from Autowest Dodge in Fremont CA. They have 2 black R/T with R&T on order waiting for homes. Ask for Roger, no bs or dealer markup.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My Daytona took 10 weeks to the day.
Ordered on Wed June 22
Picked it up on Wed Aug 31
The wait was definately worth it... :happy: :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
459 Posts
There are alot of chargers in Charlotte, NC area also. Even a "Go Man GO!!
The number is 665!!!! As the salesman told me.....It is faster than the Devil....lol (666).

Options:
Electronics Convenience Group
Sound Group II
Power Sunroof
Sirius Satellite Radio
UConnect Hands-Free Communication
Rear Seat Entertainment Video System

In case anyone is looking...
Maybe I should get into sales....... :whistle:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
moparnutswife said:
It is faster than the Devil....lol (666). :whistle:
Oh man... wonder where #666 is at?? The "Mark of the Beast" !! :devil:

·
Registered
245 Posts
moparfan said:
Oh man... wonder where #666 is at?? The "Mark of the Beast" !! :devil:
They should have reserved that number for an SRT-8

That is a BEAST...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Waited37Years said:
They should have reserved that number for an SRT-8

That is a BEAST...
Agreed!!

I guess the "numbers" on the SRT-8 won't be as significant as the Daytonas since apparently Dodge stated they will only make a certain number of Daytonas... correct?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RT1 said:
For anybody in NoCal looking for a R&T package. I Just picked my midnight blue R/T with R&T package from Autowest Dodge in Fremont CA. They have 2 black R/T with R&T on order waiting for homes. Ask for Roger, no bs or dealer markup.

Oh man RT1! I am so jealous. The car you have is the one I've ordered. I only ordered 8 days ago. But thinking it may be as much as a coupla months is driving me crazy. I gotta have the R/T package. I just gotta. :) But I am so close to saying forget it, and get an RT. But knowing how I am if I do I'll spend the rest of my days kicking myself for not waiting.

·
Registered
600 Posts
boyblu95843 said:
Hey,

Thanks
i've had my order in for 4 weeks as of 2day, and its still a VON! i'd say 8-10 weeks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes...

But I also heard somewhere that they were only planning to build about 2000 SRT-8's. Not to make it a special edition, but they don't feel the demand will be there to plan to produce in large quantities.

Before I get shot... I DO NOT know if this is true, It is only something I heard at my dealer. (However his info has been pretty accurate in the past.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
boyblu95843 said:
Oh man RT1! I am so jealous. The car you have is the one I've ordered. I only ordered 8 days ago. But thinking it may be as much as a coupla months is driving me crazy. I gotta have the R/T package. I just gotta. :) But I am so close to saying forget it, and get an RT. But knowing how I am if I do I'll spend the rest of my days kicking myself for not waiting.
I know how you feel. I just about gave up looking for one and was thinking about a basic RT when I happened upon this one. They had it for me within 3 days of locating it. As I look at the sticker, it originally came from a dealer in Roseville so you may want to call them and ask if they have any others in stock. If not, don't cave it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The dealership in Roseville isn't very nice.(imho) I did contact the Fremont dealership. The guy I talked to was very helpful. But the only thing he could find was a white one. It had the R/T package but it also had every option available including sunroof. I don't need that.

I'm moving up from a 3000 GT. So the road and track package is important to me, since the steering is a little tighter and suspension is a little stiffer. I gotta feel the road. (as much as I can feel in a sedan) Quess I'm gonna have to wait.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts