Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2007 Daytona. I had to replace the lifters (MDS) as they were bad. I put none MDS lifters in and deleted the four solenoids under the intake with Dodge plugs/delete kits.

After getting everything back together I had to replace some external parts that was bad (Alternator, MAP sensor). My car ran for about 20 minutes and after I drove it, got back home, turned it off, and the car would not start, it would not do anything in the full clockwise (Crank) mode.

Chased it down and found my PCM was bad. Ordered a re manned off the net, put it on, and started it.

Sometimes the car would crank and sometimes it wouldn't. The odd thing about it, when the Engine TEMP Gauge would read 32 Fahrenheit; the car would not crank. If the TEMP gauge registered correct engine temp hot or cold it will crank and run fine.

ANY idea you may have as to the issue???

No P or U codes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
You didn't mention anything about Check Engine Light so I assume you used a tuner to disable MDS; effectively programming the PCM to not enable MDS and don't post any MDS diagnostic codes. Have you plugged a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port to see if there's any codes related to the temp problem? At ignition key On and engine start-up the PCM looks at the signal coming from the engine coolant temp sensor. If it's not receiving a signal or the value is out-of-range the PCM may not continue to start the engine.
Look to see if there's a code logged for the engine/coolant temp sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts