Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to the local big name custom audio guy here in the boston area. I wanted to go with diamond audio and the lc6. The guy tells me the lc6 is crap and that so is diamond audio. He asks y do u want that, and I was like well I have heard nothing but good things there speakers have the higest (92db senativty). The guy says well u need clean sweep *JLaudio dealer, big ****ing suprise) The guy gets in my new charger and says well i can see why you want to change the system is sucks. So he tells me that I need an apline f1 system. He takes me into a sound proof room and has me listen to an audio dvd. He is like what do you think. I'm like well it sounds great but i'm going to put a hifi system in my car and i'm not going to play audio dvds, and this is a sound proof room not a real enviorment like my car. He's like well I didn't tell u to listen to that I just wanted to show you how crisp it sounds. He quotes me a system for 12,000. Alot more then I wanted to spend. Then he goes well ok if u don't want me to make a custom fiber glass enclosure in your trunk it's 5935. THen he goes oh wait i'm sorry the first number was 6200. The ******* just wanted to see if I would bite on it ya know. He brings me into his install room and shows me some indian dude that wants 3 12's in his 91 honda accord lol ya ok. THen this other guy who gives him 5,000 a week to pimp out his tribeca...weird SO then I told him about the mb quarts i have and he was like well y didn;t u tell me that. Oh u have a 300/4 as well, i'm trying to help you out i wish i knew this blah blah blah. Then he goes on to tell me that the front channels 75 watts each will power the quarts, (rms 90-170 watts) I'm like well don;t i need more power? He says well no but mabye if u want to get the most of out of them. THis guy doesn't know his ass from his elbow. THen he tells me that apline's new swx? 12 is what I need, and that I can go with a JL 7w10 and but it won't sound as good and will cost more. The kicker is the rms is 1000 watts for the damn thing, and he tells me that the 500/1 will more then do the job. This guy was such a ****. I wanted boston acoustics in the back but the doesn;t carry them. He only carries the good stuff. He has me go with this 6/9's for the rear that are like 55 rms. I went to tweeter told them what I wanted do do, (prefab box, amps in the tirewell) and they wanted to charge 4200. The ******* from the car audio place, instead of suggesting the 450/4 says ok u can go with a 300/2 to go with the 300/4 but it is going to cost an extra 1200 bucks. It would be cheaper to just go with the 450/4 and sell the 300/4 on ebay or something ya know? Mabye u get what you pay for, but I might as well just go to tweeter right? I've sent this message to a few of the audio mad men on this board, was wondering if anyone else had some thoughts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like you should have ran out of that place screaming. They were trying to rob you!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Car audio is a market plagued by idiots who should not own their own business. Stick to the big boys like Crutchfield and do your own research.

Yeah, it takes more time to learn all that stuff, but at least you don't have to get a rape kit done by your family doctor afterwards.

·
Registered
127 Posts
your not in Illinois by chance are you?

if so go to ABT Electronics, yes its my work, but they are very well known for there custom audio work

very fair prices
great attention to detail

1 - 4 of 4 Posts