Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any differences between wheels for the SRT and other chargers? I am considering changing out my wheels. Many of the wheels I like, however, say that fit all Chargers EXCEPT SRT. Why? What is the difference? I have been told, "Yeah they'll fit. Don't worry about it." If they fit, why would the manufacturers say they don't?

Also, for those who have gone from 20" wheels to 22", have you noticed any difference in ride quality? I was told the ride would be so much harsher because of the smaller sidewall that I would hate it. Any comments?

·
Registered
455 Posts
The biggest diff will probably be clearance with the Brembo Calipers. Some rims don't have the correct offset to clear the brakes. You may want to double check the bolt pattern as well with any rims you look at. I know the topic has been beaten to death but most will agree running a 5x144.3 bolt pattern isn't the best idea. The stock pattern is 5x115. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
you need the correct offset...the srt has a different offset then R/T...thats why you would need a spacer when you put srt wheels on a r/t...the offsets are different...as long as your bolt patterns match and you have the right offsets for wich ever wheel you are running you should have no problems...22's do require some modification to the car for proper fitment, but isnt always the case...

·
Registered
424 Posts
you need the correct offset...the srt has a different offset then R/T...thats why you would need a spacer when you put srt wheels on a r/t...the offsets are different...as long as your bolt patterns match and you have the right offsets for wich ever wheel you are running you should have no problems...22's do require some modification to the car for proper fitment, but isnt always the case...
Offset does not matter so much for the brake caliper clearance...

You can get 2 wheels that have a 9 +15mm offset but not fit...

You MUST make sure the new wheels are a HIGH PAD wheel.

The PAD HEIGHT is what clears the calipers... not offset...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So let me get this straight... Offset isn't a big deal. The calipers are going to clear because the wheels are bigger than stock (22 vs 20). All I need to make sure of is that the bolt pattern is 5x115 instead of 5/114.3, right?

·
Registered
424 Posts
So let me get this straight... Offset isn't a big deal. The calipers are going to clear because the wheels are bigger than stock (22 vs 20). All I need to make sure of is that the bolt pattern is 5x115 instead of 5/114.3, right?

If it is a Low Pad or Mid-Pad wheel, they most likely will not fit over the brakes...

You NEED bolt pattern 5x115 no ifs ands or buts around that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.