Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Hey so I just got a new 14 Charger R/T & it definitely needs some new shoes. Ive looked on the whole forums threads & there is precious information sprawled out everywhere. So lets help each other out and post pics of YOUR Tire setup in this Thread, Please include with your pic what charger model you have, Wheel Brand, Size (including diameter, length, width) & same thing for Tires. And if you have any suspension upgrades please let us know what brand and what your suspension set up is. And lastly how you like your setup? would you change anything? how does it ride and be honest. Hopefully if we can get some concrete info, we can make this a STICKY so new people and even experienced forum readers can exchange wheel/tire info on one thread. Thanks!!!
I wanted to put 22'' on my Charger, specifically the STR 607 deep concave matte gunmetal gray, but after reading into it, I'm afraid my performance will decrease & that is not an option , so please give me your thoughts & any incite
I thought maybe
20" 9-9.5 in the front with 245/40/20 tires &
22'' 10.5 in the rear with 275/30/22 tires, What do you think ? anyone with this setup???
O and I thought i would be the first to throw my rim pic up even tho they are stock:driving:
They are stock 18x7.5 (alloy), polished w/charcoal windows . Stock Michelin Pilot Tires 235/55/R18 all around
Very smooth, no road noise, can break the wheels loose while launching with traction control on but catches immediately and can smash up and over hills and bumps with no rubbing or the bottom scratching.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have Mopar Redline Envy wheels with Kumho Ecsta 4X tires.

Everything is same size as stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is a kick ass set up Fleebnork!!!
Can u tell us what is stock specs for those rims & tires? We're did u purchase ? & how is the ride quality? Gain? Suffer?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
stock 20x8 chrome clads, masked and plasti-dipped to mimic 2013 daytona wheels

replaced the factory firestones with conti DWS's in 255/55R20 when they wore out (firestones in the pic)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Can I ask a wheel/ tire question here haha? I was wondering if anybody knows what the stock 2006 charger r/t wheel specs are. My wheels say 235/55/r18 and I thought that's what stock was but the sticker on the inside of my door says 225/60r18

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Here is one with 20" SRT replicas with black pockets...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Michi that is sick. What do u think about 20 in front & 22 in back???
honestly, I think it will look kinda goofy. if you keep the overall tire diameter the same, the rear sidewall will look to small. if you keep the sidewall the same so the diameter is 2" bigger, I think that will make the rear of the car look out of proportion. big-n-littles work on some cars, I don't think a modern charger is one of them. but that's just my opinion

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ddaddy thanks for that pic looks great! Would u happen to know if the rims are staggered or not? & if it is lowered?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Michi for your insight .. I think it can go both ways , look hella clean or look hella dumb:sweat_smile: pArdon the nothern cali linguistics. I need to find out if anyone has attempted this dastardly task

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Ddaddy thanks for that pic looks great! Would u happen to know if the rims are staggered or not? & if it is lowered?
Not staggered and not lowered.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That is a kick ass set up Fleebnork!!!
Can u tell us what is stock specs for those rims & tires? We're did u purchase ? & how is the ride quality? Gain? Suffer?
They're exactly the same size as the stock 20" wheels, so 20 x 8"

I bought the wheels from a dealer on eBay "swiftjeepchryslerdodge". They cost less than MSRP even after shipping. :bigthumb:

Tires were purchased from Discount Tire last fall. I had them swapped over to the new wheels when I got them. DT charged me $16 per wheel to do the swap.

Ride quality didn't change at all because they're the same size as stock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the stocks laying around somewhere, but here are my 22s. Added a "CHARGER" decal on the lip.

Edit: OOPS! Didn't notice this was the 2011+ section.... My bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
They're exactly the same size as the stock 20" wheels, so 20 x 8.5"
Dodge OEM 20" wheels are either 20x8 or 20x9 (excluding the 2015MY).

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Can I ask a wheel/ tire question here haha? I was wondering if anybody knows what the stock 2006 charger r/t wheel specs are. My wheels say 235/55/r18 and I thought that's what stock was but the sticker on the inside of my door says 225/60r18
Your sticker is correct stock was 225/60/18 except for the AWT Performance Package cars (R/T R&T or Daytona) which was 235/55/18 in 2006.

In later years the R&T and Daytonas came with 20x8 wheels and in 2nd generation I think all the R/Ts started to come with 235/55/18 when equipped with 18s.

Reactions: Dab King

·
Registered
366 Posts
Your sticker is correct stock was 225/60/18 except for the AWT Performance Package cars (R/T R&T or Daytona) which was 235/55/18 in 2006.

In later years the R&T and Daytonas came with 20x8 wheels and in 2nd generation I think all the R/Ts started to come with 235/55/18 when equipped with 18s.
So that means my wheels were changed to 235/55 huh? My uncle said he didnt touch a thing. What is the difference? tires are so confusing to me

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Lowered- Eibach Pro Kit on 22's wrapped in Pirelli 265/35 and 295/30. Rides like factory aside from the occasional wheel liner rub out back

1 - 20 of 28 Posts