Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car to the dealership to get the 15,000 mile check up. There was no proble with my car. When I got it back I notice when I get her up to 80mph the steering wheel starts to shake. You can even feel it in the seats. I took it back and they worked on it and said that the balance was off and "fixed it".

Well it's still doing it. ( Just not as bad) Could it be something else or what?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Sounds like they put a right tire on the left or left on right. Radials have to stay on the side they were originally mounted on. I would have all four tires balanced and see if it goes away

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 06 R/T Daytona, only 3000 miles and it was shaking very bad when braking. took it in and on the second attempt they found the rotors were warped. replace the whole braking kit (rotors / calipers / pads) and so far so good.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I have this shaking problem but on my car it starts at about 60 and stops at about 70 ... the selling dealer "rotated tires, rebalance tires and performed alignment and now it's fine" but it's not fine, it's still happening.

Also, as of about 2,000 miles the brakes pulsate and I have NOT been beating on them (not like beating up on the gas pedal anyway :lol: )

Good stuff ... I can't wait to put on aftermarket pads and rotors on this thing, but it will have to be AFTER I get a warranty 4-wheel brake job ...

In my opinion, the dealer that did the awesome repair job about the shaking probably over-tightened some of the lug nuts and eventually caused my rotors to warp.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have this shaking problem but on my car it starts at about 60 and stops at about 70 ... the selling dealer "rotated tires, rebalance tires and performed alignment and now it's fine" but it's not fine, it's still happening.

Also, as of about 2,000 miles the brakes pulsate and I have NOT been beating on them (not like beating up on the gas pedal anyway :lol: )

Good stuff ... I can't wait to put on aftermarket pads and rotors on this thing, but it will have to be AFTER I get a warranty 4-wheel brake job ...

In my opinion, the dealer that did the awesome repair job about the shaking probably over-tightened some of the lug nuts and eventually caused my rotors to warp.
If you beat on the gas pedal, wouldn't you beat on the brakes too?:grin:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
If you beat on the gas pedal, wouldn't you beat on the brakes too?:grin:
No, cuz I have that bomb that will blow up my car if I drive less than 50, so I can't touch the brakes :knockout: :knockout:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts