Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If the tires aren't mounted, it's really your call. They can certainly be reused but some wheel/tire combinations MAY have leakage problems. You'll also be treated to a perpetual tire pressure warning if the sensors are not present in your new wheels.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
nothing can take that off....the warning thing??? if the sensors are not there
That, I'm unsure of. Technically it would be bypassing a safety feature of the car so it's questionable. Hopefully someone with more experience regarding this will chime in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That, I'm unsure of. Technically it would be bypassing a safety feature of the car so it's questionable. Hopefully someone with more experience regarding this will chime in.
well bed time for me....so i will check in the morning...and sorry for tripping on you toxico....were all good right???? you werent looking at the wheels to get were you?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
well bed time for me....so i will check in the morning...and sorry for tripping on you toxico....were all good right???? you werent looking at the wheels to get were you?
No, man; I got a set less than two weeks ago. If I'm a d*&k in one thread, it doesn't carry over to another. :D 'S'all good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to hijack, but anyone know if there is a right way or wrong way to install the sensor? My guess is there isnt, but Im heading down to put these in my new rims. Looking to avoid a mistake.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not to hijack, but anyone know if there is a right way or wrong way to install the sensor? My guess is there isnt, but Im heading down to put these in my new rims. Looking to avoid a mistake.
Yep..The glue side down. Make sure you buy the rebuild kit if the sensors have been on a rim fro awhile. You can get them at many parts stores. Comes with new Hex Ferrule Nut, Cap, Rubber washer & nickle valve core. You should torque the nut to about 80 inch pounds and the valve core to about 4 inch pounds.

·
Registered
282 Posts
When I got my new rims and tires they just put new sensors in for me. Might as well get everything new. I have really thin tires and mine fit fine. I have 22's with slim nittos.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
When I got my new rims and tires they just put new sensors in for me. Might as well get everything new. I have really thin tires and mine fit fine. I have 22's with slim nittos.
Cant be any thinner than mine! :D

Its definatly worth it to me, to have them.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
mine keep going off while im driving. i check my psi and its fine. not over or under so i dunno if one or two may be dead or what.

id say get new ones with the wheels....as long as they work right :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts