Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the wheel diameter effects the NAV system? I'm seriously considering a tire change that could reduce the overall tire diameter by 2". Will that throw off the NAV or does it self calibrate? Interestingly, the SRT8 tire is about 2" smaller in dia. than the R/T, but this could be factory calibrated :confused: . Also, how do you think a 2" shorter tire height will look on the car?

·
Registered
831 Posts
i dont think a shorter tire will look good because the wheel wells are soo big. and the wheel diameter will interfere with the speedo and mileage not sure about the nav.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am no tire wheel expert but from what I understand as long as you keep your wheel tire change to within abot a 2% change it should not have a big effect. I went through this when I wanted to change my wheels to a 22" and 265-35-22 tire. It increase the wheel diameter to about 2%. There are a few tire wheel caluculators around the web for free. I am not sure of the exact ones but you can do comparisons to see if the change you are looking for is appropriate for what you have. hope this helps. My car pic is under the phota gallery under maximus. Take a look and let me know what you think. thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts