Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the symptoms of bad wheel bearings? I believe my car may need to have the front driver side replaced. noticable whine at higher speeds, gets louder when cornering right, or applying the brakes. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
take it in to the shop, and have it checked out...could be a warranty issue

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
jack the car up on that side and grab the wheel at 10 oclock and at 3 oclock and try to shake the wheel-OR with the car on the ground take your foot and push on the top of the tire with some force and see if you hear a click or feel movement.

·
Registered
554 Posts
What are the symptoms of bad wheel bearings? I believe my car may need to have the front driver side replaced. noticable whine at higher speeds, gets louder when cornering right, or applying the brakes. Any thoughts?
Sounds like it could be a wheel bearing except for the "when applying the brakes" part. Take it to the dealer, will still be under warranty.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the dealer to have it checked out and they said nothing was wrong. My front rotors and pads were replaced not too long ago. My sway bar bushings and control arm bushings were replaced as well due to cracking, and both of my tie rods were replaced as well (outer). The problem is still present, and I have no movement of the wheel when the car is jacked up...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still have the continentals, but will be able to see if that is the issue once I get my winter tires on soon.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The noise iS your brake pads......................NEXT QUESTION?
What about this would have anything to do with brake pads?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
well having a Ram with the unitized hub bearings...
here is a quick way to tell if you need new bearings, look at the back side of the bearing, if it puked the grease, its done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts