Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy some wheels in the next 24 hours for my top banana.
Looking at getting the American Racing Burn rims in 20" 8.5" wide.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2&category=43960
Wondering what the best tire is and what exact size? I want to go as wide as possible.
I hear a lot of people using Toyo Proxies or Nitto's. How much are they in the size I need?
Last and most important question. What do I do about the Tire pressure sensors? Can they take them off of my stock wheels and use them in the new ones? I don't know anything about how the sensors work or where exactly they are located.
I have a predator to adjust for wheel size.
please help, thanks.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I'm going to buy some wheels in the next 24 hours for my top banana.
Looking at getting the American Racing Burn rims in 20" 8.5" wide.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2&category=43960
Wondering what the best tire is and what exact size? I want to go as wide as possible.
I hear a lot of people using Toyo Proxies or Nitto's. How much are they in the size I need?
Last and most important question. What do I do about the Tire pressure sensors? Can they take them off of my stock wheels and use them in the new ones? I don't know anything about how the sensors work or where exactly they are located.
I have a predator to adjust for wheel size.
please help, thanks.

I went from the stock 18" wheels on my wife's R/T to 20" and bought her the Nitto 420s. We're very happy with them. I have the Nitto Invos on my SRT8, but I think hers grip better. They were able to switch the TPMS over from the old to the new with no problem.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I like the rims. I went Vredesteins and love them 275/40/20's all the way around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but I am trying to figure out a related question.

I got a 2nd set of 17" R/T wheels that I want to use for Autocrossing my '06 Charger, however the previous owner took all the TPMS sensors, like for his/her new rims.

So now I need a set of (4) TPMS sensors, but have a related question.

I heard that you have to 'program' the computer - "the EVIC/WCM to be reprogrammed with its unique ID and its position on the vehicle."

So what's the scoop here - is this a PIA?

I have rotated my tires numerous times without any issues, but I also have a R/T w/ Road and Track pack (Nivomat, nine-land steering, better tires, SRT seats), but no other options - basic single CD radio - nothing fancy.

Your advice is appreciated! :)

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
How much are you paying for the AR wheels?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts