Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The Eagle GTs are an upgrade over the RSAs. They are more reasonably priced and have better wet traction. Having said that, don't expect long tread life from them, especially on an SRT. I got 17,000 miles out of them them on my G8 GT, and I did not do burnouts with them. And as the miles pile up on the Eagle GT, the ride will get lumpy. In summary, they are a cheap high performance all-season tire with good traction, but short treadlife.

As far as all-season tires, the Continental Extreme Contact DWS would be a better choice overall, with much better tread life.

GTO_04

·
Registered
8,651 Posts
I've heard many good reviews on the DWS's also. I had Yoko. Parada Spec-X tires and liked them very much too. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,526 Posts
IMHO is you are cruising on and all season tires you are doing yourself a disservice.

Get a set of wheels with proper winter tires and run a high end performance tire in the summer.

Running one tire for all seasons is running a crappy tire all year.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
There are 4 seasons in most of the lower 48 states of the US. Who can afford 4 sets of tires? Most folks aren't trying to get max performance in each season.

Good all season tires can do 90%+ of what dedicated seasonal tires can at a quarter of the cost. If you need more in any one season, consider getting dedicated tires for that season and let the other tire set do the rest.

The best Summer tires have max grip on asphalt, poor in the rain and have lousy wear.

The best Winter tires shed snow like dust but have lousy grip on asphalt.

The best Spring and Fall tires shed water like a duck but are poor on dry asphalt but don't provide decent performance in heat or snow.

Tires are designed for the conditions you expect them to perform in. Buy the tires that provide the best performance for the conditions in which you will use them. Buy multiple sets if you think you need to based on the demands of the driving you expect to do.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
IMHO is you are cruising on and all season tires you are doing yourself a disservice.

Get a set of wheels with proper winter tires and run a high end performance tire in the summer.

Running one tire for all seasons is running a crappy tire all year.
I agree about the winter tires and I have a separate set of rims for them. But it is difficult to find summer tires in the 18" size that fits the Charger. If you want to run something like Pilot Super Sports you have to go to 20 inchers.

I have read good things about the Parada X-Specs so that may be a good option.

GTO_04

1 - 7 of 7 Posts