Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was washing my car and i just notice this blemish spot on my hood, it seems like a air bubble, or a paint bubble, the car is an 08 and im the orginal owner, this defiantly ruined my night :-(, any advice on how to take care of it? junkman :p?

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
is it still under warranty? if so, take it to the deal and askem "whats up!"

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 36,000/3yrs, yes it is, will they honor it for paint too?

·
Registered
584 Posts
the 36,000/3yrs, yes it is, will they honor it for paint too?
i am like 90 percent certain that it covers it, since it would be a manufacturer defect. as long as it isn't like rock chips or something, which if it is bubbling then it is not.

good luck!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool i wonder if theyre open tomorrow ill go swing by, hopefully my cai will be dried by then just did a cleaning

·
Registered
23 Posts
My eyes aren't what they used to be, but I can't see anything in-focus that pops out at me. If you have a better photo and perhaps if you can circle the area in red, that could be helpful.

If it is a bubble that was not caused by any impact or break in the finish (i.e., rock chip), it should go to the dealer as it would likely be a defect in the painting process -- the drying between coats sort of thing.

I should add that this would assume no chemical or bird dropping or other contaminant didn't land on the area, but if that was the case the clearcoat itself would likely be rough or show some sign of attack.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im just going to take it to the dealership and see what they say, because its never been there and i wash and wax the car every week looking for new defects

im sorry if you cant see it the pic well, it looks like a water drop, it isnt that great of a picture i took it with my phone

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lets hope so, and they dont try to pull a fast one on me

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the dealership found it as a defect and is going to fix it, and actually has to repaint my whole hood cause of it, im so stoked about it, but now i have to wait till next week because theyre going to to keep my car for a couple of days, they wont give me a rental car with the basic 3/36000 warranty

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
so the dealership found it as a defect and is going to fix it, and actually has to repaint my whole hood cause of it, im so stoked about it, but now i have to wait till next week because theyre going to to keep my car for a couple of days, they wont give me a rental car with the basic 3/36000 warranty

Make sure you look at the final result from as many angles and different lighting as possible before you accept the finished product. They may need to blend the paint to the fenders and front fascia so it matches all the same.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure you look at the final result from as many angles and different lighting as possible before you accept the finished product. They may need to blend the paint to the fenders and front fascia so it matches all the same.
good thinking, hopefully they dont try to pass it off in a bad lighting area, hopefully they do a good job and doesnt become headache

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
good thinking, hopefully they dont try to pass it off in a bad lighting area, hopefully they do a good job and doesnt become headache
Another option you might look into - see if they'll cover the cost of having a bodyshop YOU trust to do the work.

Friend of mine had a small blemish on the fender of his '08 Ram (over spray from paint being done at the dealership months before it was sold to him) and he asked if he could have a reputable shop he trusted to do the work and if they'd pay for it and they agreed. This way he knew what he was getting and knew he wouldn't need to fight the dealer 'till the end of time to get it fixed.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Another option you might look into - see if they'll cover the cost of having a bodyshop YOU trust to do the work.

Friend of mine had a small blemish on the fender of his '08 Ram (over spray from paint being done at the dealership months before it was sold to him) and he asked if he could have a reputable shop he trusted to do the work and if they'd pay for it and they agreed. This way he knew what he was getting and knew he wouldn't need to fight the dealer 'till the end of time to get it fixed.
also, if you do it this way, you could buy an srt hood and get it painted for free :beerchug:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also, if you do it this way, you could buy an srt hood and get it painted for free :beerchug:
i do want a srt hood, that would be bad ass, but i wonder if that was the case, would they give it to me in a check under my name or who knows what

·
Registered
281 Posts
The body shop would send dodge a copy of the invoice and dodge pays it. Had something like this happen to me, cept it was my egr tube.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The body shop would send dodge a copy of the invoice and dodge pays it. Had something like this happen to me, cept it was my egr tube.
ok ill talk to them about it, i rather pick a shop around here in mira mesa, ca, instead of going all the way to la mesa which isnt far, but a little of an inconvenience.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am glad you found it early while under warranty. I would be sure they paint it and FINISH properly before accepting delivery. Some places can leave the paint swirled because they did not finish it down correctly so check it in full sun.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My car is currently being repaired at a shop and the shop owner brought to my attention a few paint defects that I did see before. I noticed them within days of buying my 09 brand new, brought it to the attention of the dodge dealer I bought from and they basically convinced me to just deal with it since repainting would never be as good as the original factory paint. Anyways, the shop owner is telling me that the drivers side was repainted at some time which to me is a huge shock since I'm the only owner and I've never been in an accident. He's basing it on the fact the the front fender and both driver side doors all have bad paint spots where dirt or something was in the paint. It's all on the same side and nowhere else. He is going to have the paint thickness measured and will let me know what he finds, but he seems very sure that it was repainted. So now I'm very upset with the dealership, 1 for not telling me it was damaged and repainted before I bought it, and 2 for convincing me to not have them fix the flaws back then. Now the initial 3 year warranty is up, so what would my options be to get it corrected? If it was repainted, what would my options then be?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
minor imperfections, having them fixed "can" cause more problems then they solve.

bubbling paint, is a different issue and should be fixed... however, dealership (or bodyshop) paint will never have longevity that factory paint will have (minus defects)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts