Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, how's it going?
I have to say I found this forum mentioned on another Mopar forum I joined, but I wanted to join this site as well, and say hello. Here's my short story to becoming the owner of a TorRed SRT-8 Charger.
Well, after several months of going back-n-forth between keeping my '03 Denali and getting an '05-'06 GTO, or selling/trading the Denali and getting an SRT8 Charger to do it all, I ended up with the Charger. I say ended up, because I actually had a new '06 GTO for what turned out to be only a weekend. When I made the deal for the GTO, the dealer kept trying to deal (steal) me out of my Denali with seriously low-ball, under wholesale offers.
Anyway, they pushed there way to getting the GTO back, by giving me an ultimatum of trading the truck, or no 0.0%, or killer price on the GTO. So, I enjoyed a GTO for a weekend, with a full tank of gas, and they ended up with a car that had 200 additional miles on it and is still sitting on their lot today. If anyone is actually even remotely interested in reading about the whole adventure, it's all posted in an 8-page thread on large GTO forum.
So, all said and done, I'm very happy the Pontiac dealer did what they did, because I'm now the proud owner of a 2007 TorRed SRT-8 Charger, as of last night. The car is awesome, I'm really enjoying it. The Charger only has sunroof and SRT option group I, for options, which is okay, I can always upgrade the stereo, and add a auto rearview and navigation. I'm not to sure about the security setup that comes in group II, though.
I plan some mods, but nothing crazy, probably an air intake, cat-back of some sort, programming, and some scoop and quarter panel graphics.
I live in Tulsa, OK and look forward to meeting up with other owners in the OK area. But for now, I'm just saying hello and adding yet another name to the list of happy Charger owners.
Abe

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Northern Cali, beeeeeutiful Charger.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! And, that's a sweet lookin' Daytona Banana you have yourself.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City. Very nice ride indeed. The side curtain air bags are a seperate option. If it's not listed in the options on the window sticker, then you don't have them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from the Motor City. Very nice ride indeed. The side curtain air bags are a seperate option. If it's not listed in the options on the window sticker, then you don't have them.
Thanks Viperman. I bought the car used (barely), so no window sticker. I was refering to an option code, listed on a possible option list sticker somewhere in the car. I'm used to GM vehicles, where they have that helpful little bit of info listed in every car. If Dodge does, that would be great.
That's also a nice list of mods you have there. Very nice ride..

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Man, that Top Banana is taking over. lol Not only is it eye-catching, and good-looking, it seems to be a very popular choice. Nice ride TBY

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Congrats and Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you folks. I'm still taking in my new ownership of this awesome car. I can't believe the compliments I've gotten on it. I almost hate that it's going to be a daily driver it's so nice. lol

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
welcome from san antonio bro! enjoy your stay at the forums and get those side moldings taken off ;) lol. sweet ride btw!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Charger.. As far as the moldings, I don't know man. Being it's a daily driver and most people are inconsiderate when they park around you, I think it's safer to leave them on. lol

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
to the forums from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey thanks 06TB.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome!

Charger owners meet on Wednesday nights at Freddie's Custard next to Sam's club on 71st at 6:00pm.

Meet us there tonight if you have some free time. You will see all the chargers lined up.

BTW..GMG is the fastest color.
________
buy vapor genie

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Very Nice !!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
what up abe?

im gonna try to make wed night this week on 71st. you should come out.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bro, I really want to, but because it's a service night at the church, and service begins at 7pm, it's pretty much impossible. But, I will continue to at least attempt to get out for a quick Hi before service begins, and then head back. lol
I'll be looking forward to any and all weekend events for sure. All well in your world? I'll be stopping by the dealership this week to chat it up.
lata.
Abe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts