Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your Charger Daytona R/T status here....

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well.. seeing a how I want the protection package... but want the car even more.... and don't want to cancel my first order...

I now have 2 daytona's on order, and 2 VON's to watch...

both cars are identically equipped, but one is missing the protection package... whichever one gets build first... is the one I will take...

Daytona ordered June 21, 2005 BG status July 11, 2005
ordered with protection group

Dealers 1st Daytona Order

Daytona ordered July 11, 2005, BA status July 11, 2005
ordered without protection group

Dealers 11th Daytona Order

·
Registered
630 Posts
Did you have to put two deposits down?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CO-Charger said:
Did you have to put two deposits down?

nope...

they figure that if they end up with one on the lot that is not sold (due to my taking the other one...) then it will be easy to get rid of it anyway.....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ordered 06/14/2005 - as of 07/01/2005 - BE (cancelled order)
Ordered 07/01/2005 - as of 07/11/2005 - BG

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not sure how that would fly with my dealer, but the next time I talked to him, I might ask him what the odds of doing something like that might be.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ordered 6/9, with one option...upgraded to 325w 6-disk changer. Called the dealership today. They said that none have been scheduled to be built in my "zone"...which he told me is the "NorthEast Zone". He said that they talked to the area Chrysler rep. and that they were scheduled for the first Daytona in the area...which is going to me...Now, I know this sounds like a lot of "bunk", but I bought/leased my last 7 vehicles from them and they haven't played games with me, yet.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dealer I bought mine from has 1 in transit... and 2 in D1 status.....( the 1 in transit is sold, the 2 in D1 status, dont fit what I want option wise)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ordered my Daytona on 6-22

As of 7-5 it's status is "D"

It has an estimated build date of 8-1

This is straight from DCX.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My status is I'm waiting on you turkeys to get your Daytonas. I'm on a couple lists to be able to place an order for Top Banana. But since you guys are first, when you do get the cars, let me know how they are.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just got a VIN # (the "#" is a little redundant!), Should have my Daytona by the end of this month, beginning of next.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just called DCX... both my Daytona R/T VON #'s are in BX status... so... I am no longer in the black hole formerly known as "BG Status"

·
Registered
630 Posts
You are so LUCKY!! :) :cry:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CO-Charger said:
You are so LUCKY!! :) :cry:
well first he said he "could not find my order"
So I explained to him that my dealer can, and they used to... so I know my order can be found... he put me on hold for a few... and when he came back I was informed about the BX status....

I will not considermyself lucky just yet.... once I hit D1 status then I will... LOL

(FWIW, the dealer can order 9000 Daytona's, but DCX will only fill the number of orders the dealer is allocated.... so until the car is built... there are no certanties.....)

No matter what I a going to stick this through till I get the car.... my father has regreted for over 40 years canceling his Corvette order after it being pushed back for more then 6 months... he ended up buying a Lotus Europa, and has kicked him self in the *** ever since... (he rolled the lotus 2 months after getting it... which didnt help matters either... LOL)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Update to my order...not only did I get the VIN, but I got a ship date of 7/25...funny thing is, the plant is about 3 hours from my house, yet it could take a week or so to get here...ok...maybe it's not that funny. :mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
You guys will love the car! Took delivery on July 1. Number 28 of 4000. Can't tell you how many positive comments I have received from people when they see the car. The car sounds great when you step on it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
...Put some pics of your Daytona up...so I can stew in jealousy!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
all I know is I want my daytona and rid of my chevy.... 116 degrees outside and my truck's A/C decides to take a vacation.... :mad:

·
Banned
35 Posts
umm those times passed when you could get real daytona from dealership, i guess ure getting magnum daytona Raped/Tank

1 - 20 of 24 Posts