Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
please help me determine what caused this effect. i have a 3.5, had srt8 suspension, sold it, installed r/t suspension. then did the alignment. the problem is my front 2 wheels tilted outwards like in the picture below. is it bad alignment job or suspension issue? how could this be fixed?

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
whoa that doesnt look too healthy....

maybe the alignment specs are incorrect...and not for the srt8 suspension...oops for the r/t one

·
Registered
358 Posts
can we camber issue. Need to have the camber checked. I,ll almost gaurentee it. When u replaced suspension u have no choice but to effect the camber. take it to a tire shop that can adjust this camber. Not all of them can. I use nixs and blacks, but i'm in fl.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Camber adjustment

Did you lower your car or raise it?
Using a stiffer RT spring on the 3.5 car should have the effect of raising the car up.
When a car is lowered you increase negative camber. That is the tops of the wheels tilt inward to the center of the car. Your suspension is designed this way to provide more neg camber when under load. (ie hard braking into a corner)

By the same rule when you raise the car up the wheels tilt outward as the camber changes to positive. (I'm positive that this is not a good thing)

You can take your car back to the alignment shop but there may not be enough adjustment (read oblong bolt hole) to bring the camber back with out using an alignment kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts