Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean adding the honeycomb grill is sweet but de-chroming your charger?? why!
i think it looks awsome and really adds a good look if you have chrome wheels
some people say they look "meaner" ya right:smoke:
if it aint broke dont fix it!!!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
... and if you don't want a chrome look or chrome wheels? Should we buy cars that come with a color matched grill instead of our Charger?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
before

after

need I say more?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^well the R/T is really the only positive change, the honeycomb grill is ehh and the car without the chrome accent looks BORING and DEAD (srt-8's are exceptions)
but im not bashing ur car im saying in general peace

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
^well the R/T is really the only positive change, the honeycomb grill is ehh and the car without the chrome accent looks BORING and DEAD (srt-8's are exceptions)
I'm not taking it as bashing at all. To each his own my friend. I personally like the color match better but that is m preference. oh and that is no longer my car, it's my dads. THIS

is my car :grin:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like the chrome grills better than the painted color matched one as well. It really is a matter of choice the plain R/Ts look good with the chrome and it adds a more luxury touring touch while the painted ones look nice on the sporty SRTs and R&T packages. I would not take my regular R/T and get a color match grill for it, but like they said it is a personal preference.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I mean adding the honeycomb grill is sweet but de-chroming your charger?? why!
i think it looks awsome and really adds a good look if you have chrome wheels
some people say they look "meaner" ya right:smoke:
if it aint broke dont fix it!!!
You must have saw my post on the parts for sale section. I am selling my chrome inserts right now. They came on my car, and I've hated my grill since I've had my car. The reason I just now took them off is because I just found out that they are just clipped on and they come off real easy.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Chrome parts on cars other then rims is a dying fad, except very fine luxury cars......cars years ago had chrome everywhere....now a days its all about color matching......and chargers look like shyt with the factory chrome grille IMO....if anything, it cheapens the look and makes the car look like a 2003 model

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Mine's staying

I like the chrome insert as well. It brings more focus to the center of the car, especially with the R/T logo. I wouldn't go adding chrome pillars and lens covers though....that's just :sick:. Then again, it is a matter of taste.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I too like the chrome grill, to me the painted-grill (cept on srt8) makes it look like a base model. There CAN be too much of one color, IMO such as grill matching.

I dont have chrome buick portholes or chrome mirrors or handles, i have pillars but it's to accent the chrome on my wheels, and grill... only chome I've got. Black windows, black tails, black trim, black-backed stock headlights, black mesh on davin wheels. White car.

To me, it's all about schemes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I love the chrome too. But there are some out there with colour matched that look great also. It is all about the look you are after with your car. I thought about getting the chrome honeycomb grill and then colour matching or flat black cross hairs, but I am on lease (dont wanna spend money that I will not get back) and the grill was technically free ($50 gift certificate for MOPAR accesssories from Chrysler customer service).

Do what "you" want to "your" car and as long as "you are happy", who cares what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
and chargers look like shyt with the factory chrome grille IMO....if anything, it cheapens the look and makes the car look like a 2003 model
Wow, you REALLY know how to make friends, don't ya?

:dead:

Anyway, I personally am not really into the chrome thing because I spent a lot of my early driving days with cars with chrome grilles... my GTA was a big departure for me! :) My tastes oscillate... I may get back into it one day (heck, my '78 has shiny trim beads around the twin grilles and I can't get enough of looking at THAT car). I was considering colour-matching my grille before my Charger purchase, but the purchase of a Daytona took care of that for me. :)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I too like the chrome grill, to me the painted-grill (cept on srt8) makes it look like a base model. There CAN be too much of one color, IMO such as grill matching.

I dont have chrome buick portholes or chrome mirrors or handles, i have pillars but it's to accent the chrome on my wheels, and grill... only chome I've got. Black windows, black tails, black trim, black-backed stock headlights, black mesh on davin wheels. White car.

To me, it's all about schemes.

I'll agree with you on that. There can be too much of a good thing

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Well guess we all know where I stand....

BTW, I have in route the lower insert to match the uper.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
The chrome grills look good on silver cars, there are just certain color cars that color matched would look alot better

Also, I said the factory chrome grille, with those cheap little blk slats is what looks like shyt......with different grille inserts, they have potential

·
Registered
330 Posts
The chrome grills look good on silver cars, there are just certain color cars that color matched would look alot better

Also, I said the factory chrome grille, with those cheap little blk slats is what looks like shyt......with different grille inserts, they have potential

Agreed. It looks good on silver, but that's about it that I've seen. Every other color I've seen them on has kind of a cheap look. Personally, I don't care for them. To each his/her own though. Ironically, I think the chrome grills look sharp on the 300's regardless of color.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I still have the chrome (w/ honeycomb insert) and love it. I also like the
black daytona grill. I don't like the color match grills at all, they shrink the
overall size of the grill to the eye, makes the openings look smaller to me
and a little less mean as well as having that late 80's/ early 90's monochromatic
look.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
My taste also changes on this periodically. Once and a while I look at a stock black rt (stock hood no spoiler and the chrome grill) and think how the car looks great in its simplest, cleanest form.
Then, I'm back to loving the way I have my car looking!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
well imo i think its the best and most bad a$$ looking mod anyone can do the their car

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts