Votes: 51 58.6%
  • 10 over and that's it!

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just to answer the original question and not get involved with the other discussions on the thread...

On a completely straight and flat stretch of rural highway just before sunrise with no vehicles in front of me for about 3 miles, I went just over 150. She had a lot of pedal left to go. I was only at about 75-80% throttle. I backed down to regular highway speed before I overtook the vehicle in front of me.

Those are pretty much the ONLY conditions in which I would drive fast like that.

For the most part, I'm a +5, lane #2 guy day in /day out, depending on traffic. I don't like to be "the fastest car on the road". You know what I mean.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've done 185kph in my charger, I've been in the passenger seat of a mclaren and hit 310... That was fast!

·
Premium Member
8,799 Posts
141mph in the 2008 3.5L Charger with more to go but ran out of clear open road.

Somewhere North of 150mph in the Hemi. Had snow tires on, didn't want to push it...

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Enjoy!! :rocker:

Big John:beerchug:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since what car was driven wasn't specified, I hit almost 160mph in an ex-gf's Grand Prix GTP before I started running out of road

·
Registered
11 Posts
In a newer car 2002 300 Special 145, (smooth as glass) with proper tires. With a 71 Cuda buried the 150 speedo (car was a handful). Back in the day Hwy 78 in Idaho had one Sheriff to cover hundreds of miles, also very little traffic.

·
Registered
828 Posts
In a newer car 2002 300 Special 145, (smooth as glass) with proper tires. With a 71 Cuda buried the 150 speedo (car was a handful). Back in the day Hwy 78 in Idaho had one Sheriff to cover hundreds of miles, also very little traffic.
Owyhee County?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
280 KPH (close to 175 mph) on the A60 Autobahn from Prum to Bitburg Germany driving my landlords Porsche 996 (we lived in Feuerscheid, midway between the two) it was basically scary as hell. About a month later he was driving way too fast at dusk on the back roads near Prum and got distracted by blinking yellow construction lights and drove it into a grove of trees at an estimated 220 kph. There was nothing left of him or the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since this is a nice necro post, my fastest was way back when in a land far far away (okay, other side of town) late at night. Buried the speedo, but based on RPM and math it was perhaps in the neighborhood of 187mph. Car was only about 415rwhp, 3470lbs, aerodynamically slippery, and simply had no more to give. Wind load is like trying to push through a wall at those speeds.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts