Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Way to make a switch holder for 3 or 4 round rocker switches to cover the pocket next to the shifter? :)

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
lol Nick my friend, get ready to get flammed on, this is not good

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fixed it. :)

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Billet tech.....and that answers both the question you had ;)

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
:rofl: good save

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah but there switches cost a ton. I just want to make one or have one made cheaper :)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm yeah thats not bad, but i use the ashtray (not for smoking just to put small stuff in) and i rarely use the odd shaped thing next to the shifter. And for the "you get what you pay for" I just need something to cover it that i can drill some holes out for the switches.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would a sheet metal shaped the same as the pocket thing with the same bend down so it can attach the same do well? Any input or ideas would be great :) I'm close to install and need to figure this out first.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd try 1/8" ply wood, you can make it any shape easily, paint it etc. drill holes all that goodness. Maybe attach some foam to the bottom side to help keep it in place.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
So just sand it really good drill the switch holes. then cut the groove in it so it sits on the insert? then foam the underside to fill in the bottom?

Wouldn't it be hard to get the wood to hold the bend that is in the cubby? (the top curve)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah that is a pretty clean setup

but i dislike the cubby hole and like the placement for switches. THanks tho man :beerchug:

·
Registered
441 Posts
i cant find the post its either here or on the other lx one. but a guy replaced his bezel that notifies d,r,n,p with some Plexiglas and in process covered that cubby while making cut outs for 4 rocker switches.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmmm ill look into that. And if you find that thread send me a link
:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any other ideas??? Its the last piece i need b4 install :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 156 Posts