Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, best RWHP for money?

I am getting confused between all the different tuners available...

All I have is a Mopar Air Intake and my car is the R/T R&T... so what will give me the best punch for my buck?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The best tuner available right now, IMO, is the Superchips. It's worth every penny. The Predator is due out soon and might be better than the SC if it lives up to all the hype.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's the only one available right now! Superchips is very good for a stock Charger or one with simple bolt-on mods like the cai, catback exhaust. The Predator and SCT will offer "custom tunes" at an additional cost if you're more heavily modded. Canned stock tunes might be better, then again I can't really say, cuz the Predator or SCT aren't out yet! The Predator is supposed to have some nice features, but again, won't know until it's out. I say pick up a used Superchip from someone here that's getting the Predator. You'll save some money and you won't regret it. Just don't sell it back when the Predator is delayed another month(or two)....hahahahaha (JK..I know all you guys are patiently waiting. Maybe it will come out before the MOPAR TCM! Just kidding..again)

Ed

·
Registered
151 Posts
I traded in my 2003 Silverado SS for my Charger and I am really enjoying my new ride. I bought the Predator for my SS in late 2003 and it did make the truck feel much better by making the shifts MUCH firmer and less time for results from the gas pedal. I did do a test at the dragstrip between the tunes and there was no WOT(better 1/4 mile times) improvement on this truck with the only mod being Flowmaster mufflers.
I want to feel my car shift under moderate to heavy throttle, so if the Predator tune will do this as it did with my truck I will be very happy.
Randy

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I want to feel my car shift under moderate to heavy throttle, so if the Predator tune will do this as it did with my truck I will be very happy.
Randy
That's one reason why I love the Superchips! Hopefully, Predator follows suit.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after reading about these for over 2hrs, I think I am going for the predator!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
after reading about these for over 2hrs, I think I am going for the predator!
Have you looked at the 96 page Q&A for the predator already?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts