Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greeting..

.excuse me i need help with my dodge charger srt8 2013...i used to race my friend and he have the same model charger srt8 2013..when we race on sport mode"autoshifting" i beat him..but when he use track mode to manual shift he beat me i tried to shift too but still he won..both car are stock...and he dont want tell me when do i have to shift "lame"..when he manual shift he can beat me easily but both in sport mode..i beat him by little..please let me know whats the best timing to shift in which RPM..notice we race rolling 40km..i tried to shift at 6000 rpm he still beat me easily i tried to shift 6400 and 6300 and stil he beat me easily..:( help plz!

and sry for my bad english xD

·
Registered
909 Posts
Let the car do it's own shifting... Worry about your launch.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You can't ever shift faster, better, or more efficiently than leaving it in Auto.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You can't ever shift faster, better, or more efficiently than leaving it in Auto.
It sounds like the OP's buddy can manually shift better than AUTO because he wins either way - if the OP uses AUTO or shifts manually.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It sounds like the OP's buddy can manually shift better than AUTO because he wins either way - if the OP uses AUTO or shifts manually.
Perception doesn't make reality. No one can shift faster or better than auto.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Shift the 1-2 500 rpm early. My limiter is set at 6800 so I will shift at 6300. If yours is 6400 I would shift at 5900. The 2-3 and 3-4 you can shift at 6400 as they don't lag. I am usually 3/10 faster shifting myself.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Perception doesn't make reality. No one can shift faster or better than auto.
Actually that is incorrect. You can optimize the shift and be faster. There was a reason the original SRT's came with a manual autostick.....most people couldn't figure out how to not muck up the 1-2 shift and they released the TSP flash for the auto upshift. the autoupshift is designed for longevity not balls out performance. An extra 2-300 rpm on the shifts will make a huge difference in ET at the track

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Actually that is incorrect. You can optimize the shift and be faster. There was a reason the original SRT's came with a manual autostick.....most people couldn't figure out how to not muck up the 1-2 shift and they released the TSP flash for the auto upshift. the autoupshift is designed for longevity not balls out performance. An extra 2-300 rpm on the shifts will make a huge difference in ET at the track
True. I remember my SRT would shift quicker and harder if I upshifted slightly before the automatic upshift point.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Shift the 1-2 500 rpm early. My limiter is set at 6800 so I will shift at 6300. If yours is 6400 I would shift at 5900. The 2-3 and 3-4 you can shift at 6400 as they don't lag. I am usually 3/10 faster shifting myself.
Are you using the digital tach in EVIC or the big analog tach?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Analog. Doesn't matter. They both lag on the 1-2. It's not that the shift is early. It's that 1st gear spools up so fast the tach does not keep up. And thats with a 3.06. You should try it with a 4.10......you need to be very quick.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Yeah that true! the 3.91 winds up so fast as well, I think the shift is right after the 60'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts