Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best non HID light bulb that I can get for my 2013 Superbee SRT? I drive a lot in the dark and coming from the Mopar 11 with HID's to my SRT with regular headlights sucks at night. And sorry if this has be ask before didn't see it. In advance thanks for the help.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The Sylvania SilverStar Ultra are pretty dang bright. They don't last as long as the regular halogens, but even if you get a year and a half out of them they're worth it IMO. Can't put a price on your vision.

Reactions: GTO_04 and bige83

·
Registered
306 Posts
Love the silver stars in another car that i had, they have lasted several years

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just bought the Silverstar Zxe today and install was easy. It's whiter and brighter than the stock bulb and there is an improvement, I'm satisfied and I like it but of course for people who's gonna compare it, it is nowhere HID quality. I don't want to go with HID route cause of the cost and the hassle of installation, wiring and kit, electrical stuff, guess I'm kinda scared lol and I don't have the budget.

Based on my research this should last a year for a $60, hopefully I can use the warranty when it goes bad. There is also the "HOD" from AAC and probably whiter and brighter than Silverstar Zxe but I heard not-so-good reviews about it.

Overall, it's always an improvement to stock. BTW, I have the 3.6 so I'm not sure what's my stock bulb difference to hemis. Cheers!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I should be receiving my Silverstar Ultras today. I'm using them as replacements for my high beams since I have factory HID low beams. I'll try to get a before and after.

Reactions: bige83

·
Registered
60 Posts
Been using Piaa Extreme White Plus bulbs for a number of years now, and very happy with them. Have them in my motorcycle, and Challenger. Much brighter than stock or any other replacement bulb I've come across so far. They give off super bright white beam, IMO, the closest white halogen to HIDs. A little pricey, but if you shop around you can find them for about the same as the Silverstars...

·
Registered
909 Posts
The PIAA Xtreme white plus are 2x the price of the Silverstar ultras. That being said, if they are significantly better than the Silverstars I wouldn't hesitate to buy them. Like I said, you can't put a price on your vision. I already ordered my Silverstars, but maybe next time I'll give the PIAA lights a try.

Reactions: bige83

·
Registered
291 Posts
Been using Piaa Extreme White Plus bulbs for a number of years now, and very happy with them. Have them in my motorcycle, and Challenger. Much brighter than stock or any other replacement bulb I've come across so far. They give off super bright white beam, IMO, the closest white halogen to HIDs. A little pricey, but if you shop around you can find them for about the same as the Silverstars...
Do you get flashed by on coming traffic, thinking you have your brights on?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Why not just add aftermarket HIDS or even go with high powered LEDS?
Because they are a real PITA to install, and there are often compatibility issues. They require ballast circuits which operate at high voltage! As far as LED headlights, has the technology with them evolved enough that they have intensity comparable to a halogen headlight?

BTW, I could not find a PIAA bulb compatible with the 2015 models.

GTO_04

·
Registered
492 Posts
Because they are a real PITA to install, and there are often compatibility issues. They require ballast circuits which operate at high voltage! As far as LED headlights, has the technology with them evolved enough that they have intensity comparable to a halogen headlight?

BTW, I could not find a PIAA bulb compatible with the 2015 models.

GTO_04
You have a point about them being a PITA on these Mopar vehicles. Although I personally never have any issues with my aftermarket hids but do hear plenty of others that do even with proper install of a relay harness or anti flicker capacitors.

As for the LEDS, the high powered kits are just as bright or if not a bit brighter than the typical aftermarket 35w HID kits but they are a bit pricey. I have installed a couple sets on trucks for two different friends and they love them a whole lot better than the HIDS.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You have a point about them being a PITA on these Mopar vehicles. Although I personally never have any issues with my aftermarket hids but do hear plenty of others that do even with proper install of a relay harness or anti flicker capacitors.

As for the LEDS, the high powered kits are just as bright or if not a bit brighter than the typical aftermarket 35w HID kits but they are a bit pricey. I have installed a couple sets on trucks for two different friends and they love them a whole lot better than the HIDS.
The LED technology is advancing very quickly so that is encouraging! BTW, these LED fogs on my new SP are the first fogs I've had on ANY car that put out meaningful light and are actually useful in fog!

GTO_04

·
Registered
492 Posts
The LED technology is advancing very quickly to that is good to see! BTW, these LED fogs on my new SP are the first fogs I've had on ANY car that put out meaningful light and are actually useful in fog.

GTO_04
Yes I was a bit hesitant at first but my friends wanted to try them out from constant issues with HIDS on their trucks and luckily for them it worked out.

I have thought about adding them to my high beams but seems a waste to spend over $100 on those high powered LED kits just to use for high beams lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
About these PIAA and Silverstars, I read a lot of reviews and some say that they don't project any more light down the road than the stock bulbs. Any truth to this? TIA

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
About these PIAA and Silverstars, I read a lot of reviews and some say that they don't project any more light down the road than the stock bulbs. Any truth to this? TIA
Unless they change the beam pattern from stock, the brighter bulbs should allow you to see more light down the road compared to the stock bulbs. I am thinking the projector lens has more effect on beam pattern compatrd to the halogen light bulb filament.

GTO_04

1 - 20 of 26 Posts