Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just had insurance replace his hood on his SRT8 because it had a small dent in it. Damage has been repaired and I'm going to buy his old one from him. My question is, what's it worth? I've never seen one for sale used but I've heard numbers around $1500. It needs to be repainted and all of the parts have been cannabalized from it to be put on the new hood...so its just a shell. $1500 seems real high.

Like I said he's a friend of mine so I don't want to rip him off just want to know what a fair price would be.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I would pay no more than 650-700 for it

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
A friend of mine just had insurance replace his hood on his SRT8 because it had a small dent in it. Damage has been repaired and I'm going to buy his old one from him. My question is, what's it worth? I've never seen one for sale used but I've heard numbers around $1500. It needs to be repainted and all of the parts have been cannabalized from it to be put on the new hood...so its just a shell. $1500 seems real high.

Like I said he's a friend of mine so I don't want to rip him off just want to know what a fair price would be.
I'd hav eto check receipts ofr you for an exact number but I paid about $1650 brand new (not painted) with all the acutremonts I needed. You are buying a used repaired hood that will then need paint. $1500 does seem a tad pricey for what you are getting.
go to the Mopar supercenter and price out the new one and all the parts. Keep in mind that it was like $150 to ship last year although my dealer had one in stock so I avioded that.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Since it has been repaired, and needs to be painted 850 would be the MAX I would pay under those conditions. If you want one bad enough, check the pricing of a new one first. Negotiate as low as possible since it looks like you are gonna spend some money out the paint, silencer pad, and scoop bezel.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I would pay no more than 650-700 for it
With the repair needed along with all the parts to install it my opinion is that it's worth about 600, I personally would not pay more then that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
1500 is a rip, you can get a new one, painted and probably installed for under 1200 bucks. His insurance paid for his new one, he can give you a deal, on top of that you have to get the necessary hardware and have it repaired and painted, save yourself the trouble and search the threads and get a new one. Unless he gives it to you for about 6-800 bucks like the first guy said, move on.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Geez, for 1500 I would just get the CF SRT hood and trunk lid combo from Carbon By Design.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the quick replies..my buddy said whatever I found out was fair was good for him. The replacement hood was $2800 CDN - bare bones no paint. I did see Mopar Supercenter has them on for $1300 plus shipping. With the Canadian dollar at par..thats a good deal.

The $1500 came from a thread I read here a few days ago but it was an unsubstantiated number.

Anyway, I'll let u know how I made out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts