Charger Forums banner

2741 - 2758 of 2758 Posts

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
... and stay the hell away from people.

Big John
This hasn't been an option for me since the beginning of March when this whole madness started... My store was declared "essential" immediately, and I've been surrounded by customers ever since. In fact, I'm working more hours now, too. :rolleyes: I'm a firearm salesman at Rural King. We've been VERY busy!
I do wash my hands very well before leaving at night, at least. So far, so good...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Covid kills jobs, and poor economy certainly seems likely...Surprises me, How many Banks are willing to finance the new cars...Bankruptcy will be common place...perhaps by next year..

·
Registered
402 Posts
Foreclosures were already starting to show up in Zillow. Next year could be a good time to buy a house.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
Should be a good time to look/buy/upgrade to a new charger, no? But also not a good time to commit to any monthly payments since I don't know until when I'm going to have a job. Covid is slowly killing the economy. Decision decision decision...

For the record, covid is not killing the economy. The government is. Or rather, "some" government officials are.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I agree...the officials that are making these decisions were not the one losing their livelihood. I wonder if they'll make the same decision if they knew they will lose everything.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
# 2,740: My last FCA purchase was 2 months ago and the finance shoe clerk was so hard up selling plans on a cash sale, he asked if I wanted to get an extended warranty, door ding repair warranty, wheel and tire warranty, gap insurance, and lastly credit insurance. Why a cash sale would need gap or credit insurance is a mystery, but it indicates for financed purchases if someone wants to finance a car, they can get credit insurance to cover involuntary unemployment benefits to make their car payments each month while out of work.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I know y'all going to hate me for saying this. Wearing mask is enough to protect ourselves and others. No need for lockdown. Here's why I said that. My cousin was tested positive and she's the only one wearing mask. Me, my mom and her parents were negative. Mind you their house is a small house with one bathroom. It's impossible for her parents to not get infected if covid is highly contagious....Anyway Happy 4th of July everyone! Nowhere to go!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Not Sunday yet, but me and my neighbor [are] skipping the local fire works show tonight and making our own display at a friends ranch.

We have about 50 lbs of tannarite that we will bundle into a couple dozen small packages and illuminate with glow sticks and place around some raised hills and rocky outcrops, 6 bundles at a time on his cleared land and shoot using 300 BO's with ATN night scopes about 350 yards away. A little competition between the three of us which should be easy pickings. Usually, we are in another quadrant of land shooting wild pigs with thermals.

Edit: We used about half the tan before calling it quits at about midnight due to incoming thunderstorms, that ended up skirtting us by a few miles. But we each were able to shoot and detonate about 10, 8-ounce tannarite packs apiece that Dave, prepared on-site. That's quit the thrill at night to see the small flash and then hear the kaboom.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Fireworks are made in China....Covad19 conspiracy theory says China released this wartime virus on purpose....slow to do its full kill...so maybe fireworks are laced with virus to help spread it farther, and faster......?

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Finally got my Jeep out for a trail ride today! We hit some very challenging trails, and I used and abused every skid plate a couple of times! Made it through everything and back home again with no issues! :D
I really love my Cherokee Trailhawk! :D

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,752
Hey Ron Sounds like you had a great time for this weekend. We need to see some pics on your outing.
This was a very busy weekend here for a lot of people. We didn't do that much except hang out and talk to our neighbor friends at the co-op. I had noticed that lots of people took advantage and used the co-op grounds for BBQ'n and kiddy pool'n with the little ones. Who had blankets, tables, beach chairs, open along with the smells of BBQ'n. You don't need to own a private home for all of that.
Monday starts a new week here and hope all who did their thing enjoyed them self's.

Big John

Reactions: Ron380

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Had a nice long weekend (extends through tomorrow too !) Had cheese burgers, potato salad and pork & beans yesterday and watched the fireworks in the neighborhood (ABQ has a lot of fireworks, some folks buy monster size ones that rival professional ones - and man are they LOUD !). Also played around with my new Parasound 2250 V2 stereo amplifier--my old Infinity speakers haven't sounded this good in years!

Today I changed the oil in 3 of the 4 cars, it was very hot and humid for ABQ (dew point in the 50's) and now I'm feeling my age ! It is almost time to relax with an adult beverage or two while the wife makes homemade egg rolls, marinated chicken wings, and fried rice.

Hope everybody had a great weekend

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Hey Ron Sounds like you had a great time for this weekend. We need to see some pics on your outing.

Big John
Here's a good picture of the three white Trailhawks all together, cooling off by the creek near the end of the day. Mine is in the middle, with me right next to it. :)
My friend Jason (lead Jeep, lifted and with bigger tires) has a Youtube channel and will be uploading video from the day when he gets it finished...
White Trailhawks.jpg

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,755
Here's a good picture of the three white Trailhawks all together, cooling off by the creek near the end of the day. Mine is in the middle, with me right next to it. :)
My friend Jason (lead Jeep, lifted and with bigger tires) has a Youtube channel and will be uploading video from the day when he gets it finished...
View attachment 294326
Ron thanks for the picture. I also have a Jeep 2012 Patriot 4x4

Big John

2741 - 2758 of 2758 Posts