Charger Forums banner

2721 - 2740 of 2760 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,722 (Edited)
We have a few more for pics. Thanks for posting Krautmaster. You have a great look'n family.. Big John

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
Pic of the Wife and son from a few years ago, I just have a lot more hair right now..for comparison my son is 6 feet tall and weighs 240 lbs, I'm Squatch size
Think you're big? Here's an old picture of Wilt Chamberlin, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Andre the Giant from when they were in the movie Conan the Barbarian. The little guy in the middle is Arnold! 🤣

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I have been informed by my wife that today is really Sunday and that I should find somethig to do besides stare at the computer..I guess I'll venture out to the gas station for a fill up and maybe sneaker over to Whataburger for a Green Chile Double (I haven't had one since February !)

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Well, the Whataburger was ten times better than anticipted ! Yum.. I also went "four wheeling" in the PT Looser (driving it now and then to keep the battery charged). I've seen a lot of gravel trucks running up and down Paseo Del Norte on the NW side lately, looks they they are getting ready to build another sub division & strip mall so I went out on the dirt roads to have a look, and ended up cruising around for 20 miles until I finally found pavement again at Southern Blvd in Rio Rancho. Old PT did very well, floated across the deep sand in some spots, handled wash board in others...who needs a Jeep?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hell, I drove my scat off road in areas you wouldn't take that PT. Main reason for a Jeep, unlike a scat is it won't total the undercarriage driving over speed humps in the local mall or driving over an Armadillo. Jeeps are Ideally suited for modern urban driving and sit so high up you can see halfway around the world. Ok, that last part was a tad exaggerated.

And the DIY oil change today took all of 10 minutes. That was my Sunday.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,728 (Edited)
I'm just a bit disappointed haven't heard from anyone. I thought that just a few of us had something going. I'll talk to you later. Maybe :(

Big John

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
Well, it's not Sunday, but that's okay. Hi @R/T MUSCLE ! :D

I finally upgraded my old Samsung S5 to a new Samsung s10e. It's the smallest of the S10's, which I like. I have a tablet for tablet duties. Took me a while, but I got it all set up with everything. I had backed-up my Contacts and Messages to my SD card, so I was able to Restore them on to the new phone. (That reminds me, I need to go through the Apps now and make sure it is saving pictures, etc. onto the SD card too...
I do need to get a cover for it, it's fairly slippery. 😕

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I'm still here, but my computer burned up it's power supply so I'm forced to use an old laptop (I hate laptops) that is slower than molasses's ass. Nobody has any power supplies in stock (since they all come from China) and so it will be at least a week before I'm back in business.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Nobody has any power supplies in stock (since they all come from China) and so it will be at least a week before I'm back in business.
Do you get your parts online or at local stores?
I usually scour sites like newegg, pcpartpicker and tiger direct.
Keeping wattage and motherboard pin types aside, guess it depends on what model your PC is (custom or branded).

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
What other modern day automobile doesnt come with a secure hood besides a Jeep. I think Yugo even had a hood cable. But with a Wrangler the only thing keeping an honest thief honest are the two latches on the sides of the hood. Those 2 latches and 1 minute are the only things keeping your battery in the Jeep.

Figured it was time to install a hood lock kit that is keyed to the door key. So, I spent the past 2 days fiddling with installation of a Hood Lock Kit on the jeep. I spent lunch yesterday keying the lock mechanism to fit my door key. Pretty simple but it does take about an hour to install the proper tumblers.

Then the fun begins. You need a heavy duty hand rivet gun to assemble and then install the kit. I struck out at every place I stopped. You would think a rivet gun capable of installing 1/4 inch rivets are easy to find. Harbor Freight, Lowes, Home Depot, and a local industrial tool warehouse all sent me packing. I eventually went to O'Reilly's and ordered a Dorman rivet gun that arrived this morning. So, I picked it up this morning and went home to finish the project.

Dorman - piece of shit. The rivet gun broke on the 3rd rivet. There are only 8 rivets that need to be installed on this hood lock kit. I took it right back and got a refund. I guess my expression said it all, so the manager asked me if I would like to borrow their rivet gun kit.

"Yes, I would love to but why didn't you tell me you had a loaner rivet gun when I explained my project yesterday." Silence!

To end this debacle I borrowed the kit and finished assembling and installing the lock kit and returned the borrowed rivet gun kit.

My worst fear that I incorrectly assembled it and wouldn't unlock my closed hood never happened. Here are a couple photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Today I am feeling my age: Yesterday I pulled everything out of my home office so I could re arrange the furniture and found the light brown carpet disgustingly dirty and so I pulled that out too (this will force to wife to put in the new flooring she has been talking about for the last 7 years !). Woke up this morning to discover that everything hurts (even my hair hurts). May have to self-medicate later this afternoon with a 6 pk of Negro Modelo....

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,736
I guess a lot of you have plans for Fathers day. Did you know that is the only day that we as fathers a truly celebrated.
We deserve nothing but the best on this day. We should be pampered, and bombarded with gifts and ice cold beer, or the best liqueur available. The gifts should be never ending. Yes Fathers day once a year. So family, son's and daughters I'm looking forward for today, date June 21st. Do not come empty handed for fathers day is a monumental holiday..

Big John

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
Here's to all the Fathers out there! 🍻

Man, I miss all of our old emoticons... I need the :cheers: one back!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,738 (Edited)
I just wanted to let you know that I have nothing to say too. :(
Come on guys things can't be that bad out in the world. Wear your mask, and wash your hands, and stay the hell away from people. As far as restaurants go, my wife is a better cook anyway.
I have sooo much wax on my two muscle cars, well that helps keep me in shape.
I'm hoping for some info on your end guys??

Big John

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Just another day that seems to blur into another, except I don't have to work ! We had a huge brunch with mimosa's, the wife has put some pulled pork BBQ in the crock pot and is baking homemade buns while I make slaw...seems like today is just about eating well (and drinking)

I put a bunch of stuff on Craigs List that I don't use much or need anymore (a few guitars & amp, extra set of Charger wheels, a few old school stereo tuners, etc) Hopefully someone will come by with cash and help clean out my extra junk!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Should be a good time to look/buy/upgrade to a new charger, no? But also not a good time to commit to any monthly payments since I don't know until when I'm going to have a job. Covid is slowly killing the economy. Decision decision decision...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

2721 - 2740 of 2760 Posts