Charger Forums banner

2701 - 2720 of 2762 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Thanks for joining in. We are here on my post every Sunday for discussion. Oh sometimes it last through the week.. :)

Big John
Mainly because we keep forgeting what day it is because they are all the same...:) I'm having a "staycation" this week (use or loose leave I have to take) spent all morning cleaning out the garage and now am putting used car parts up for sale on Craigslist.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,702

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,705
Today was a very nice Springtime day for a Saturday. Took the Charger out to Long Island for a drive. Then came back to the garage and spent some time with our Daughter Cindy. She had asked me if I would wash her car? I said no problem. While she and her Mom were Bs'n I did her car. When I was finished with the wash she had asked me if I could use that tire shine? I said for you the world.
I had to make it an early afternoon here at home because the lawn people were here and I hate getting all that pollen on my both muscle cars. Now I'm enjoying some Jack Daniels while I post this. Hope you all have a great Sunday coming up.

Big John

Reactions: Ron380 and Jerry-L

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
The old RT is looking mighty fine Big John! We're getting ready to chow down on some boneless beef ribs, potato salad, and a cold brew! One more day of "Sta-cation" left before I have to wander into the netherworld of the back bedroom/office and stare at three computer screens all day...can't wait to retire next May !

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,707
The old RT is looking mighty fine Big John! We're getting ready to chow down on some boneless beef ribs, potato salad, and a cold brew! One more day of "Sta-cation" left before I have to wander into the netherworld of the back bedroom/office and stare at three computer screens all day...can't wait to retire next May !
Yes the R/T is look'n fine even if I say so. Somebody past me by last week and thought I bought a new car?? I told her the Dodge is now 10 years old, and the GTO is 54 years young.
How old will you be when you retire? I have been retired since 2006. I will be 73 June 5. I don't miss a day of work. I was in the carpenters union for 35 years. I'm lov'n every day off :)

Big John

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I'm 64 right now, planning on retiring on my 65th. Did all kinds of jobs over the years..started out working in a machine shop (built big block Mopar 383/440s for the State Police) then I meandered here and there, ended up in the Air Force as an EC130H crew chief (fancy communications jamming plane), then as a weather forecaster & instructor. I retired after 20 years of that and the VA paid me to go back to school and finish my Masters Degree, and I've been doing disability claims for them ever since . I get to do all the Agent Orange and PTSD claims that are denied then appealed - and happy to say that I get to grant a whole lot of them that were denied by raters hired "off the street" (no military service or VA experience) and have no clue that a guy was part of Delta Force or Navy Seals. IMO, if you didn't serve at least 4 years you have NO business making life altering decisions on Veterans claims.

If I live through the plague I'm planning on spending the first few years of retirement repainting the house and putting in wood floors where they already aren't (two bedrooms-the rest is wood & tile). Maybe I'll redo all the kitchen cabinets, etc... just simple stuff to stay occupied.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not Sunday, but today, Monday, the first of June ten years ago I put down my last cigarette.

I ran out on the way home from my brother's funeral. He had died the week before suddenly. I wasn't in any mood to stop at the store to buy more, but thought I'd be able to go out the next day. Four days later I was still unable to go out in public, then realized that I had gone all that time without smoking. I remembered something I'd heard; if you can go three days without them the physical addiction is gone. What is left is the physiological addiction. I thought since I was already this far to see how much farther I could go. So, ten years and counting.

Do I miss it? Nope. Not even a little bit. I miss my brother a lot more. A lot more.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,713 (Edited)
Not Sunday, but today, Monday, the first of June ten years ago I put down my last cigarette.

I ran out on the way home from my brother's funeral. He had died the week before suddenly. I wasn't in any mood to stop at the store to buy more, but thought I'd be able to go out the next day. Four days later I was still unable to go out in public, then realized that I had gone all that time without smoking. I remembered something I'd heard; if you can go three days without them the physical addiction is gone. What is left is the physiological addiction. I thought since I was already this far to see how much farther I could go. So, ten years and counting.

Do I miss it? Nope. Not even a little bit. I miss my brother a lot more. A lot more.
I'm proud of you Jerry that you were able to write this here on my site. Sometimes things happen that we have no idea of. Maybe you brother, God rest his soul, had something to do with you stopping. Ten years ago amazing. I know I didn't mention to the guys but my Mom had passed on June 1st. 2013 she was 94. That is also the birthday of my Wife June 1st. We were planing to go to dinner and I got the call from the hospital, about Mom passing. As a matter of fact we just got back from the cemetery to visit today. Keep up the good work and it's always Sunday here..

Big John

Reactions: Jerry-L

·
Registered
5,279 Posts

a little over 23 years for me (two pack a day smoker) my son was born 8 weeks premature and the Doc said no smoking anywhere near him so cold turkey it was..that was a rough week, but about a week after that I woke up to the most wonderful smell ever...ham, bacon, eggs, pancakes... I ran out to the kitchen to scarf some down but found the wife was only pre-heating the griddle. I was smelling stuff I hadn't in 20 years of smoking!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Jerry,

Congratulations on being tobacco free for ten years. Keep the record going!

All of you that shook the habit congrats.

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Congratulations to all who have quit smoking. My Dad smoked Lucky Strikes most of his life, got started in the Army during Korea. Except for a month or two after 2 Femoral Bypasses and one Quad-Bypass. He passed away in 1996 due to multiple organ failure, at home on a morphine drip.
I was fortunate enough with my situation in life that I was able to spend a couple of years at home to help with the house and Dad, while Mom shouldered much of the burden. I don't wish that fate on anyone...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,717
It looks like we have a weekly or should I say an everyday BS party going on. It's good to hear from the regulars. Now we need pics on who I'm Bs'n with. You all know me. Now it's your turn to add a pic of you standing next to your Charger or a beautiful wife, or girlfriend :)

Big John

·
Registered
387 Posts
OK, let's see if this works... This is the photo I have over in my profile and was taken on the day I bought my Charger. (By the saleslady) At that point in time it only had 2400 miles on it.

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
No Charger, wife or girlfriend here, and the Jeep is filthy thanks to spring tree season. I'll try to get a pic after the Jeep gets washed and my dog gets his haircut later this week...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,720 (Edited)
Look'n good Jerry

2701 - 2720 of 2762 Posts