Charger Forums banner

2681 - 2700 of 2724 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Once the auto hobby bites you're pretty well hooked for life. Age is just a mental state until you have to get out of the recliner or crawl under the car.
Good to know. Other than a few car shows I go to a year would be nice to see some other people into cars anymore.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
FlyersHockey: There is one person that had an indirect influence in my continued interests in performance cars and is pretty much responsible for my passion for off road ATVs and Jeeps. He owns and operates Fun Cycles in Wichita Falls and has a large section of land west of town.

He is older than me by a long shot and he has accomplishments behind the wheel few will experience. But those passions are what maintains friendships and keeps the heart young.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,685
Hey I read some more of my post about age and muscle cars. It's all up there, how you feel. I'm going to be 73 years old on June 5th. I'm still able to crawl under my GTO with out a problem. I tell you one thing, I sleep good that night Lol. My GS Adam loves these old cars too. He has begun to learn how to drive a four speed. The kid does pretty well with a stick. My little GS Henry just learned the two wheeler he just turned 3 years old. The kid is doing jumps with that bike.
Talk to you again

Big John

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,686
Your daughter turned 50??? How old are you then???

Judging from your posts and seeing you have a Jeep, I for some reason guessed you were somewhere in my age group,..30s, 40s.
Then I see R/T Muscle has a teenaged grandson.

Hopefully I'm still into cars as much as you guys when I hopefully get there.
The Jeep is my grocery getter. I love my two muscle cars I have owned the GTO since 1990 Made the cover of "HIGH PERFORMANCE PONTIAC MAGAZINE" also graced the pages of other magazines..

Big John

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Next town over had a small hail storm this evening. We only got bombarded with golf ball and softball size. Things will dry up tomorrow and Sunday will be spent cleaning up the yard.

Can't fathom getting hit with something this big. Photo credit goes to Jodi Wallum who uploaded this to our local channel 3 news.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
That's like a bowling ball falling from the sky ... downright scary. 😬

·
Registered
380 Posts
Next town over had a small hail storm this evening. We only got bombarded with golf ball and softball size. Things will dry up tomorrow and Sunday will be spent cleaning up the yard.

Can't fathom getting hit with something this big. Photo credit goes to Jodi Wallum who uploaded this to our local channel 3 news.
View attachment 293335
That looks like the crap that hit Wylie a few years ago. My buddy has a rental house there. The pics he sent from inside the attic looked like a war zone.

Where are you? I'm in Bedford, if we got any hail I slept through it lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
That looks like the crap that hit Wylie a few years ago. My buddy has a rental house there. The pics he sent from inside the attic looked like a war zone.

Where are you? I'm in Bedford, if we got any hail I slept through it lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
No need to crawl in the attic in North Texas to see the hail damage.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,692

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
No need to crawl in the attic in North Texas to see the hail damage.
Jeeezzzzz... I can't even imagine stuff like that. Here in Western Ohio, we just get tornadoes. Dayton and some surrounding areas got redecorated one year ago when we had 15 tornadoes throughout the area in one day! :(

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,695
Good morning :) I was thinking about how this weekend is going to play out. I went to my den window at 0845 and saw that it was cloudy. The thing that woke me up was that I was thinking about our little BBQ for tomorrow. Then I realized that I need a small propane tank. The one that I have now is 1/2 full. Maybe that will be OK but imagine running out of fuel. My wife would??? well lets just say, she would be pissed!!.
So what are the plans for this Memorial day? Just remember to play it safe and as I tell everyone use common sense.

Big John

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good morning :) I was thinking about how this weekend is going to play out. I went to my den window at 0845 and saw that it was cloudy. The thing that woke me up was that I was thinking about our little BBQ for tomorrow. Then I realized that I need a small propane tank. The one that I have now is 1/2 full. Maybe that will be OK but imagine running out of fuel. My wife would??? well lets just say, she would be pissed!!.
So what are the plans for this Memorial day? Just remember to play it safe and as I tell everyone use common sense.

Big John
Well, since my wife is finally back to work and will have to work on Monday, we already had our BBQ. I grilled a rack of babyback ribs yesterday.Yeah, it kinda sucks that she has to work on Monday, but her new work schedule is now Sunday thru Thursday, so her holiday is today, Sunday. We'll take a pizza over to her moms later today. We already made the rounds to the various cemeterys to pay respects and leave flowers yesterday.

Oh, and the ribs were exceptional! The very best I've ever made. I think I've finally got the process dialed in. Served with a large baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream and paired with a very tasty red wine. (Yeah, real butter, not margarine) And a butter crunch ice cream for dessert. It put me into a food coma in under an hour! (Tho it was more likely the wine that put me there)

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
I have to go on a hunt for propane like Big John: I have 1/2 a tank of propane and when it gets down that low it seems to just not flow as well or something. The BBQ will struggle to get up to 400 F (will go up to 700F on a full tank!). After that I'm going to spend some time waxing the new wheels I just got back from the powder coating place yesterday. Had them done in "Wet Charcoal" with a heavy clearcoat. I like them much better than the all black ones that are on the car now. I have an appointment at Discount Tire on Friday to have them swapped out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,699
Good Conversation (y)
Thanks for joining in. We are here on my post every Sunday for discussion. Oh sometimes it last through the week.. :)

Big John

·
Super Moderator
11,531 Posts
2681 - 2700 of 2724 Posts