Charger Forums banner

2661 - 2680 of 2724 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Not Sunday yet, but we are heading to OK City on Sunday for my daughters birthday. Big 50. Black Balloons, old people jokes, everything we received in jest she gets back in fun of course. And tomorrow is Mother Day so she gets a special gift for that as well.

Me and the Wife will celebrate her Mothers Day early next week. We never tackle the crowds on special holiday dates and with restrictions on seating capacity due to COVID we will move her night out to the middle of next week when it will be less hectic.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,664
You know I think I like this post! Only our closest friends are here :)
Lets make Sunday 7 days a week. :)

Big John

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
"uh, lets see here...
this week was next week last week...
that makes this week last week,
and next week isn't this week,
until next week's last week!"

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,668
Wake up my friends! It's Sunday!! Yes May 10th and still wearing jackets to keep warm.
Today we will be heading to my son's home to celebrate Mothers day. Hope you all are doing the same, if not don't forget to call or a video text. Right now at 10:45 it's 50 degrees, supposed to get up to 63 degrees. Hopefully the girls won't be too cool for them to be BBQ'n. Me with a couple of shots, I'll be just fine..

Big John

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
We have been busy bees this morning: got our garden planted (tomatoes, beans, squash, cabbage) then pulled the tarp off our waterfall and used the shop vac to suction out the water that made it in over the winter (only a couple inches deep, but God awful funky). A bit of Clorox added to the pond cleaned up the bit of algae and now it is time to relax ans sip mimosas !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sunday was a good day for me. My wife is back to work after having been laid off for the past few weeks, so I had to get stuff ready to take over to her moms place for a small get together. She was able to come to the party after 3 PM when she got off work and by then I was ready to leave. Had a good time talking guns with her brother, his son and her brother in law. Good folks. So as I was leaving I noticed that a bird took a poo on my Charger, so now I'll get to go wash it today. Might as well vacuum it out while I'm at it. The Styrofoam cooler I used to bring stuff over to moms left some little white balls on the back seat. Can't have that, eh? At least it didn't get as cold as they said it was going to overnight. They issued a freeze warning last night, but I'm seeing only 37. No where near freezing, but still too cold for me to go walking outside. Not till it warms up a bit. Maybe I'll go walk the treadmill for a bit this morning.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
We had a storm blow through the area a couple nights ago so we are leaving to go off-roading in the Jeep in a couple hours. Today is clear, slight breeze, damp ground to keep the dust down, and in the 80's. Perfect!

Top and doors are already off and we're going to have some fun!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,672
Had a really nice Saturday. Got up early and went down to the garage to show my respects to the Dodge R/T. Figured I would do a complete past wax job on that muscle car as I did just yesterday on the GTO. It took about 2 hours and it was a good feeling that I'm still able to do that. After that my Grandson Adam come over to the garage and we did a little work on the GTO and checked all the vitals. We added some oil and just topped it off.
Enjoy your Sunday
Big John

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Todays plan is to start washing the cars...all four of them... this will will require the consumption of several brewskies. While I do all othe the dirty work, my wife is making homemade rolls for Meatball subs...Yum !

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Small change of plans... I'm wiped out after washing just one ! While the thermometer might say it is only 80F, the thin air here at high altitude gives little shelter from the sun and it feels like 110F (beautiful in the shade, but hellishly hot out in the direct sun). I was starting to turn pink after an hour out in it. New plan is to pick the dirtiest of the other three and take it through the brush less car wash!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,675
Just finished working on the interior of my R/T . My GS Adam was looking for his lug wrench for his car, didn't have one. So I bought him one, and bought one for the GTO as well.
Today Sunday was a good day to vacuum out the cars and have a couple of cold ones. Hope you all have a safe week ahead..

Big John

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
I quit using a "lug wrench" years ago. I bought a spare 1/2" breaker bar and the right size deep-well, 6-pt. sockets and keep that in the trunk. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Not Sunday yet, but we are heading to OK City on Sunday for my daughters birthday. Big 50. Black Balloons, old people jokes, everything we received in jest she gets back in fun of course. And tomorrow is Mother Day so she gets a special gift for that as well.

Me and the Wife will celebrate her Mothers Day early next week. We never tackle the crowds on special holiday dates and with restrictions on seating capacity due to COVID we will move her night out to the middle of next week when it will be less hectic.
Your daughter turned 50??? How old are you then???

Judging from your posts and seeing you have a Jeep, I for some reason guessed you were somewhere in my age group,..30s, 40s.
Then I see R/T Muscle has a teenaged grandson.

Hopefully I'm still into cars as much as you guys when I hopefully get there.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Your daughter turned 50??? How old are you then???

Judging from your posts and seeing you have a Jeep, I for some reason guessed you were somewhere in my age group,..30s, 40s.
Then I see R/T Muscle has a teenaged grandson.

Hopefully I'm still into cars as much as you guys when I hopefully get there.
Once the auto hobby bites you're pretty well hooked for life. Age is just a mental state until you have to get out of the recliner or crawl under the car.

2661 - 2680 of 2724 Posts