Charger Forums banner

2641 - 2660 of 2724 Posts

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Hiya Big John! Thanks for checking in. :)
You get to see a LOT better parts of NYC area than I ever saw from the cab of a semi!

One funny story, though... I had a delivery to EYE-slip once (not IS-lip, I quickly found out), and when I got to the receivers, the guy handling the deliveries looked and sounded just like Gilbert Godfried!
I swear, he sounded, let me tell you, he sounded almost EXACTLY like Gilbert, I mean, really he just... he just sounded EXACTLY like Gilbert Godfried! 🤣

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Nice pics Big John ! I had to get the swamp cooler fixed up (new pads/pump/ clean out the water lines, etc) good thing too, it was nearly 90F today and will be again for most of the week. Went for a drive at sundown and collected lots of bug guts on the windshield...back to the grind again tomorrow, groundhog day starts all over again....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wife couldn't take it anymore. So we drove down PCH until we found an open beach. Whole LA County beaches were closed. Luckily Ventura County, the next county, beaches were open. It's pretty hot so hopefully we didn't catch the virus.

Covid topic: I think the government have enough data to lift the lockdown. The test itself is not even 100% accurate. Meaning it could have been just a common flu. Although infected number is going up the rate of death is not following it. Meaning the possibility of dying from it is getting lower and lower the more data we get. Just my thoughts.

Keep healthy and don't try to inject disinfectant on yourself.

Picture was taken the day before.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I had to get the swamp cooler fixed up
I have the single inlet Aerocool brand. I always replace the water pump, float and water filter each season. Pads are the honeycomb type so they only get replaced every five years or so. Love the evaporative cooler when it's triple-digit temps and single-digit humidity outside. Will switch over to A/C when the Monsoon moisture moves into the region.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Swamp coolers work great in the high dry air of NM, and when we get our "monsoon" they still work pretty well since it is still relatively dry compared to most places (the driest day in Florida is still more humid than our wettest day here)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
when we get our "monsoon" they still work pretty well
I wish that was true for Tucson. Electric bill triples when the A/C is running instead of the evap cooler. Evap cooler supply air temp chart (see below) marks the boundary of feeling nice and cool.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Tucson and Phoenix are twice as humid as ABQ, all due to the altitude: PHX is 1200 ft above sea level, ABQ ranges from 4,500 in the valley to 6500 in the heights (5800 at my place) The muggiest day I can remember the dew point was 54F/ambient 93 F (relative humidity around 35%) Most of the time the RH during the "monsoon" is 25%. I regularly had a $300+ electric bill in the summer in Phoenix - damn Heat Pumps use way too much electricity. Summer electric bill in ABQ is $65

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
So it is only Saturday I think... it is getting so hard to tell anymore... but lets start early: I woke up this morning sporting an "Albert Einstein hairdo". ..Wild! After much fussing and fighting I managed to tame it down into a "Cosmo Kramer"... if this lock down continues much longer I'm going to go "Full Braveheart"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,649
Krautmaster You beat me to it :)

Big John

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,653
You guys are something else :) Get a scissor and cut away. Yeah my hair is getting longer too. The last cut for me was before vacation in Florida toward the end of February. I have a buzzer but I don't know what I did with the attachments?? If any of you watch "SEAL Team" I would blend in with the beard and longer that usual hair.
Yesterday Saturday my Grandson Adam helped me install my heavy duty drive shaft into the GTO It took about one hour to do. Then after that we had a back yard BBQ, and a couple of cold ones..

All stay safe!
Big John

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The screws loosened up in Texas so we we drove around the WFalls area Saturday to see what was opened up and who went back to 24 hour and normal open-hours. It never made sense to enact distancing rules then channel people to shop during those reduced hours.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm still recovering from Friday night lol

As One said, the screws got loosened a bit, so I took the beast to the track for a couple passes. It was the first outing since the build and I only got 2 runs, but I'm absolutely tickled with it.

First pass went smoothly...

2nd pass got a little loose at about 330' so I backed out, straightened it up and hammered it.

Even though the 2nd pass was slower, I know there's a lot better than a 10.6 in it...the car isn't the issue....it's the driver lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Punisher; Have you ever gone to Texas Motor Speedway in the past and participated in the heads up pit road runs? Whenever they open the speedway and resume charity and heads up pit runs you'll have to try that. Its a lot of fun.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Punisher; Have you ever gone to Texas Motor Speedway in the past and participated in the heads up pit road runs? Whenever they open the speedway and resume charity and heads up pit runs you'll have to try that. Its a lot of fun.
I've run it there pre-build and definitely plan on taking it soon. Prep is so much better there and the longer shut down area doesn't hurt either .

I've got a few bugs to work out once these guys get through working on my house. I'm hoping I can make it down there on the 15th.

I'm in Bedford so Ennis is a lot closer than Little River

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,659
Thanks Ron for thinking of me. :) I can never get enough of the classic car and truck video's One thing about the 67 GTO is that he put in a chevy 454. so it was changed just a bit. I bought mine from an original owner. He gave me all the papers when the GTO was new. I have owned this GTO since 1990. it always brings a smile to my face every time I drive her.

2641 - 2660 of 2724 Posts