Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im goingto trade my 2.7l whats faster? 3.5l charger? 2.4l R/T calibre? i wanna know what should i get. its bwtween those 2

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhi wish, see the problem is my credit score is like 678 (im 23) the dealer said it wasnt bad, but i dont have enuff credit. so i co-signed for my mother so i can get the car. well she doesnt want to have a loan on her name for longer then 2 years, so the cheapest r/t i found was like 17k and the payments have to bee like 300 a month for like 2 years so i cant afford any higher. so i gotta stick with the 3.5's and crap

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
ahhi wish, see the problem is my credit score is like 678 (im 23) the dealer said it wasnt bad, but i dont have enuff credit. so i co-signed for my mother so i can get the car. well she doesnt want to have a loan on her name for longer then 2 years, so the cheapest r/t i found was like 17k and the payments have to bee like 300 a month for like 2 years so i cant afford any higher. so i gotta stick with the 3.5's and crap
Are you trying to get a loan through the dealer or your credit union? You could just go the private party route so you dont have to deal with dealer credit and taxes

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well when i went it wasnt enuff :( and i dont want a priv dealer, i want to make sure i have the warrenty and stuff. ill ask them to run the check again but if worst comes to worst ill just getthe sxt. they said the score was GOOD. but i didnt have enough credit for the loan.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
yea not enough credit history, do you belong to any banks or credit unions? if you do you can try through them also

credit unions can do some wonders sometimes, i always get beat out by credit union lenders as i do mortgages

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, my bank is bank of america i guess i could ask them idk but my friends mom is like some kinda of manager at the dodge dealer, maybe i can get r/t the 17 for like 12 or something or 11 that would be nice. but i dont knowww ill prob be stuck with getting the 3.5l or something but the selling point for the caliber r/t is the "chill zone" hah

·
Registered
968 Posts
The 3.5L Charger has quite a bit more pep than the Caliber. Also, the Charger's LX platform is definitely more reliable than the Caliber's.

Basically, the Charger is a better, faster vehicle than the Caliber... but my opinion is definitely biased.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i just came back from the dealer. i got taken when i got my charger lol. it was about 10,995 when i saw it.with taxes and crap it was about 12,100 i put 4500 down which makes it about 7600, i got an extended warranty the guy never told me how much it was, he just showed me the price id pay monthly for the car which is like 260/270 the f'in warranty was 3000, so i went to the place they said they would give me 9500 for my car, they called the bank that gave me the money, and said i owed like 11,100 for it i was like WTF?!!? then he said they put the warranty on there for 3000ish and thats what got u. i was sooo pissed grrrr

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
also, i was gonna get an R/t too hes a friend he was gonna get me one for like 12ish.

·
Registered
255 Posts
well i just came back from the dealer. i got taken when i got my charger lol. it was about 10,995 when i saw it.with taxes and crap it was about 12,100 i put 4500 down which makes it about 7600, i got an extended warranty the guy never told me how much it was, he just showed me the price id pay monthly for the car which is like 260/270 the f'in warranty was 3000, so i went to the place they said they would give me 9500 for my car, they called the bank that gave me the money, and said i owed like 11,100 for it i was like WTF?!!? then he said they put the warranty on there for 3000ish and thats what got u. i was sooo pissed grrrr
What the dealer sometimes won't tell you is you can ask for a refund on the unused portion of the warranty. A good dealer will do this for you and apply the refund to the car you are buying.

·
Registered
53 Posts
the 3.5l is much faster .the2.4l is very slow .its very basic transportation used by many rental fleet ,but its not supposed to be fast. why it wears an rt badge who knows .maybe it stands for real turd

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they said they wanna give me 800 dollars back for it 800 I PAID 3K WTFFFF

·
Registered
968 Posts
they said they wanna give me 800 dollars back for it 800 I PAID 3K WTFFFF
How long have you owned the car? The warranty is probably pro-rated, so if your 50% of the way through the warranty they should refund you $1500.

In the future you need to be more assertive in your negotiations. Ask questions about ANYTHING you are uncertain about. When talking with the "closer," after you've settled on the base vehicle price, they're going to ask you about paint protectant, interior protectant, extra warranties that cost you money out of pocket, car covers, gap insurance, and possibly a couple other things... Decline them all. You can get any of them from a third party, much much cheaper.

Use this as a learning experience... and you're going to get the RT Caliber? I think you're setting yourself up for another learning experience there...

·
Registered
31 Posts
DO NOT GO WITH THE CALIBER!! I have driven them and they are a joke, R/T or NOT!! The REAL TURD comment explains it best for the caliber!! If you have too, go with the 3.5l Charger but do your best to get an R/T or SRT, you won't regret it!! Also don't hesitate to shop around just cause you don't get a car today isn't going to kill you, get what you want!! If your mom is helping then she will be even more happy with you if you use your head and find a better deal!! Just because one dealer says NO, another may say YES!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yea, my bank is bank of america i guess i could ask them idk but my friends mom is like some kinda of manager at the dodge dealer, maybe i can get r/t the 17 for like 12 or something or 11 that would be nice. but i dont knowww ill prob be stuck with getting the 3.5l or something but the selling point for the caliber r/t is the "chill zone" hah
Well I hate to burst your bubble but $300 a month for only 2 years is only going to allow you to finance $7,200.00! Good Luck getting either of the cars you want for that price range unless you plan on putting alot of cash down. I also wouldnt count on getting that $17k RT for $11k either, dealers just dont have that kind of markup in used cars, and $17k for an RT is one hell of deal anyway, how do I know this all? I work for a dealership!

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's funny torred1771...I did the math too and figured around 6k-7k and figured his mom may be putting a ton of cash down!! His payment would be more like $725.00 a month if he was getting 17K financed, if not more depending on APR!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts