Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to my local dealership today and they told me there no haggling on the price, the price on the window is it. What about this $500 rebate everybody talking about, what is the name of this rebate because they knew nothing of it. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That $500. rebate is available only if you finance your car thru chrysler financial. I got the rebate. I waited til the end of the month, got to the dealer ship - bought a SXT with options MSRP $28,665 - paid $27,000. (b4 tax).

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I think most people are paying substantially less than sticker for an R/T, with some even paying much below invoice. You should be able to get one for at least no more than $500 over invoice.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if this is correct I should be able to get a red R/T with sunroof, sound group II, convenience II for under $30K.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The amount you should expect to pay for the car really depends on the market conditions in your area. The higher the demand and the lower the supply, the more you'll have to pay. In Chicago, there is an abundance of R/T's on dealer's lots. There are also many different dealers to choose from, each one competing for your business. Therefore, I would fully expect to be able to purchase an R/T for invoice, probably even less.

I don't know anything about the situation where you live, but MSRP seems way too high. I could be wrong, but it sounds like your local dealer is trying to rip you off. The car is selling well, but it's not like it's so hot that nobody can keep them in stock. Plus, I'm fairly certain that you can order one from an out of state dealer for close to invoice if none of your local dealers are willing to play ball. Here is an example:

http://www.gregorydodge.com/en_US/

As far as the rebate goes, it is my understanding that you are automatically entitled to the $500 as long as you take delivery of your Charger while the rebate is still in effect. According to Edmunds.com, it is a "Cash to Customer" incentive and there are no restrictions. This means that the money goes straight from DC to your pocket regardless of how you pay for the car. You have to be careful though, because dealers will sometimes try to trick you into thinking that they are giving you extra money off the car when they are actually just giving you money that is already rightfully yours. I elaborated on this dishonest tactic in this thread.

One last thing, it's possible that the terms of the rebate are different in your area or that the rebate doesn't exist altogether. I'm pretty sure that incentives vary from region to region. The best thing for you to do is puch your zip code into Edmunds and see what comes up. :)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Dodgefreak said:
So if this is correct I should be able to get a red R/T with sunroof, sound group II, convenience II for under $30K.
Well, the destination charge adds $675. According to MSN Autos, invoice for that car would be $30,346. MSRP would be $32,835.

·
Registered
369 Posts
you don't have to finance with Chrysler to get the rebate. It's good til the 6th I believe.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
paid 31500 = r/t with sound package 2, electronic con. group 2, sunroof, and a couple other little things. they gave me a 500 discount which i was happy with so i paid a little under sticker.

we don't have the competition down here so i again i am happy with the price i paid.

what exactly is the r/t with r/t package - what is included in the r/t package upgrade?

·
Registered
331 Posts
GoDaddy said:
What exactly is the r/t with r/t package - what is included in the r/t package upgrade?
It is an R/T with the Road/Track Performance Group. This is a $1600 option that gives you some added performance upgrades as well as special sport seats. The package basically turns an R/T into a Daytona without the special color or badging. The only way to identify a Road/Track edition on the road is by its wheels. They are the same as the normal R/T wheels except they have blacked out pockets.

For more information, you can read my comparison between the regular R/T and the R/T Road/Track here.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
gweempose said:
It is an R/T with the Road/Track Performance Group. This is a $1600 option that gives you some added performance upgrades as well as special sport seats. The package basically turns an R/T into a Daytona without the special color or badging. The only way to identify a Road/Track edition on the road is by its wheels. They are the same as the normal R/T wheels except they have blacked out pockets.

For more information, you can read my comparison between the regular R/T and the R/T Road/Track here.
thanks for the info, i really like those blacked out wheels, but i have my eyes set on the srt8 wheels, must have them!!! again thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well gentlemen, I can join the crowd... I just picked up my Charger thursday, YES!! One came in the dealership just like the one I had ordered but It had like 2 more options, I paid the invoice difference so the total turned out to be 33k.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought a RT with nav and paid 150 over invoice minus the rebate and did not finance...bought it two weeks ago...got a good deal from a dealer out in no where that didnt want the car...worked out good...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Billybobs R/T said:
you don't have to finance with Chrysler to get the rebate. It's good til the 6th I believe.
DAMN!! :angry:

I am suppose to get my Daytona... on the 10th. What a pisser that I miss out on the rebate by 4 days when I've been sitting on this order for nearly 2 months!! (Nearly 3 if you count that I made my first order back in mid June)

What a lousy break.

:cry:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Depending on what kind of deal you got with your dealer, I would guess they can spare another $500, esp. considering how patient you've been. My dealer says "he's going to take care of me" but then again I'm paying sticker. :neutral:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dodgefreak said:
I talked to my local dealership today and they told me there no haggling on the price, the price on the window is it.
Some dealers are taking this hard-line stance, but most are dealing on the cars. Very few people are actually paying sticker price, except for perhaps any spare Daytonas that might be sitting at a dealer. I got my car for $400 under invoice and then the additional $500 rebate on top. All told, before tax and tags, it was a couple hundred bucks north of $30k.

Shop around and use the internet to request price quotes from nearby dealers. That is what I did, and it turned out for the best. Good luck! :happy:

·
Registered
331 Posts
CO-Charger said:
DAMN!! :angry:

I am suppose to get my Daytona... on the 10th. What a pisser that I miss out on the rebate by 4 days when I've been sitting on this order for nearly 2 months!! (Nearly 3 if you count that I made my first order back in mid June)

What a lousy break.
Don't fret. There is a good chance that the rebate offer will be extended. They have already done it once. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Don't fret. There is a good chance that the rebate offer will be extended. They have already done it once.
That is correct....especially with the way gas prices are now. I know our dealership traffic has slowed down big time since the prices went up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts