Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msrwheels.com/auto_car_wheels.cfm?id=336#

In black...

theyre 20 by 7.5...how big a tire can i go on the back??? I want to do a staggard setup on the tires, so what do you guys think would be the best setup...something that fills the wheel well up so it doesnt look like a lowrider.

This is just an option, I can get a pretty good deal on em.

Thankx

-Steve

·
Registered
708 Posts
They are nice - just enough - not too much. Not sure about sizes, just commenting on the rim.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You should be able to fit up to 22's with no problem if you want.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I like the black ones :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
And remember, no matter what size tires/rims you throw on your Charger, you will still have the gap in the wheelwell. Only way around that is to get a lowering kit and change out the springs. (looks awesome when it is finished though!)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
You should be able to fit up to 22's with no problem if you want.

Holy huge fender gap Batman !

Haha ... Eibach part # 2879.140 .... :wave: :wave:

And remember, no matter what size tires/rims you throw on your Charger, you will still have the gap in the wheelwell. Only way around that is to get a lowering kit and change out the springs. (looks awesome when it is finished though!)

Yes it does :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damnit!!!!

I really am trying to avoid spending 2 grand on wheels and tires...ugggghh this is ghey.

I'll tell you what I really want though...a set of 20" SRTs....anyone know where I can get a deal on a complete set with tire sensors for under 2000??? Just thought I'd ask.

Actually, you know what I just want a nice set of black rims with fat tires on the back....i dont understand why it so hard to find something for a decent price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
702 Posts
...and F-U gpwedman, I'm working on the drop as fast as I can, okay!

nnln [that's my hand flipping you the bird, bu the way.] :)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
...and F-U gpwedman, I'm working on the drop as fast as I can, okay!

nnln [that's my hand flipping you the bird, bu the way.] :)
Hey, I was only trying to help ..... the earlier you realize that sarcasm is hard to "see" on the forums, the better off you'll be ... guess I'm done helping

·
Registered
424 Posts
Putting any tire on wider than a 215 is going to buldge over the side... that style wheel calls for a tire that is semi stretched... not buldging over like a off road truck tire...

(this is what forums are for,... figuring this out before you spend the $$$$$$$$$$)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just playing with you gpwebman. You hit a sore spot. A couple of (apparently not-so) reputable installers that I use told me that I was out of luck and Eibach doesn't make kits for my AWD yet. That's true, but I just was informed on this forum that I can use the 300 springs. Trust me, I can't wait to get it done, because I notice it every time I go out to the car.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I can't wait to get it done, because I notice it every time I go out to the car.

I remember that very well ..... plus people telling me "nice car, but why does it sit so high?" ... "oh, well, it's the all-wheel-drive model" ... "oh, ok..." :(

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Exactly, those are damn wagonwheels.

Get at least 9 in wide wheels (can put 275s on the back), or 8.5's, which can hold the 255's. If I was shopping for wheels on the down-low (not too pricey), I would go with something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-niche-Wheels-Dodge-Rims-Magnum-Charger-300c-SRT8_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43960QQihZ016QQitemZ260161529184QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
Dude i love you...i think im going to buy these!!!!!!!!

Now for tires........any recommendations??

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Dude i love you...i think im going to buy these!!!!!!!!

Now for tires........any recommendations??
:love: um, glad I could help. How about them Red Sox???

Good luck with the rims, like always, be careful buying online.....

For tires, my next set, if staggered, will be Toyo Proxes, 275-40-20s on the back, and 255-45-20's on the front. There are some good threads on this topic around, as well.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Damnit!!!!

I really am trying to avoid spending 2 grand on wheels and tires...ugggghh this is ghey.

I'll tell you what I really want though...a set of 20" SRTs....anyone know where I can get a deal on a complete set with tire sensors for under 2000??? Just thought I'd ask.

Actually, you know what I just want a nice set of black rims with fat tires on the back....i dont understand why it so hard to find something for a decent price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
We are in the same boat man...wishing u the best of luck!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts