Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I need some help with model info if anyone has these details. Years ago we had a 2005 Magnum with 5.7 that we bought new and loved it, but it was time to let it go. I later got a 2016 Scat Pack, but I wound up getting the Challenger to get the M6 transmission. Wound up trading that in for a 3500 Cummins Ram.

2 things we hated about the Challenger: those alcantara suede seats, and the lack of a power adjustment on the passenger side seat. For what these cars cost there should at a minimum be a 6-way if not 8- or 10-way power adjust on BOTH sides.

The 2021 Durangos can be upgraded to smooth leather for $99 option, and in fact most of them are being built that way, but they also come equipped with a hefty monthly payment...plus we don't really need an SUV with the Ram on towing and hauling duty.

I know I've seen Chargers with smooth leather seats at some cruise nights, but there are soooo many models and special editions, especially since earlier models were R/T and SRT8, plus Daytona, etc before the SRT392, Scat Pack and Hellcats came out.

I'm OK with a 10 year old car if it's clean and low (<100k) miles, but I need some help narrowing my search on models and years that came with these options. I'm flexible on drivetrain, whether 5.7, 6.1, or 6.4, AWD would be nice but not a DB. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 Charger SXT Plus AWD - Frostbite/Black
133 Posts
AWD, "smooth" (Nappa) leather seats, power adjust on both sides, on my 2020 Charger SXT w/Plus Package, but only a V-6. I, too, dislike the Alcantara upholstery material, that's why SXT over GT AWD.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
The 2012 Charger R/T (5.7L V8) with the "29R Charger R/T Road & Track" option package has sport leather seats with perforated suede inserts. They are heated & ventilated, driver & passenger are lumbar adjustable power seats that move up/down, forward/rearward and recline.
I believe the 2011, 2013 and 2014 29R package included the same features. The full 29R description is below ...

29R Charger R/T Road & Track - includes: Road/Track Performance Group: high-speed engine controller, 3.06 rear axle ratio, customer-selectable sport mode, steering wheel- mounted paddle shifters, ventilated front seats, driver/front passenger 4-way lumbar adjust, power front seats, heated rear seats, power tilt & telescope steering column, power-adjustable pedals with memory, memory for radio, driver seat, and mirrors, 180-amp alternator, security alarm, 20" x 8.0" chrome-clad wheels with 245/45R20 all-season performance tires, rear body-color spoiler, black grille with black honeycomb insert, "Heritage R/T" badge, power heated memory mirrors with manual fold-away, auto-adjust in reverse mirrors, driver's auto-dimming outside mirror, heated exterior mirrors, heated & cooled front console cup holders, driver & front passenger lower LED lamps, front overhead LED lighting, sport leather seats with suede inserts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a 2012 charger sxt plus with leather seats that are pretty smooth.
I think they are the nappa ones but havent been able to figure that out yet, anybody know if they are nappa leather?

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,998 Posts
2013 R/T Plus, black smooth with power & heat both sides. Front & Rear.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The Plus Group had the Napa sport seats that were ventilated up until 2018.... in 2018 if you got the Super Track Pak you got the Performance Seats which were nappa/alcantara. From 2019+ all the R/Ts had Super Trak Pak so they were all Performance Seats with Nappa/Alcantara.

If you want a Super Track Pak car with the Sport seats you need to find a 2017.

The R/T R&T cars from 2015/2016 had Nappa/Alcantara as did all Daytona models (different patterns but same materials).

You can get a regular R/T with Plus Group from 2015 thru 2017 that would have Sport Seats and Nappa.

There is a difference in bolstering between Sport Seats and Performance Seats.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,998 Posts
2013 R/T Plus, Power R&L, Heated F&R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts