Charger Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would of kept that beauty! Unless it was rusted out. They are collectors items now. I wish I still had my 3000GT VR4...
I sold it myself - it was in pristine condition - 49k miles. I was ready for a new toy. I didn’t lose any money on it when I sold it.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
You give up a bit when going for a Tesla; they aren't particularly well made, or even that attractive, really. It is all about the software. Though that Cyber Truck is interesting because it looks like an old school rendition of Warthog, or something from the original Playstation days.

M Todd; I always had a thing for the 300Z TT...that's a sweet ride, especially in 2+2 version.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Glad you like them. I could NEVER give up internal combustion. I’d rather sound awesome and go slow than be mostly silent / sound like ass and go fast. So you’ll have to pry my V8 engine from my cold dead hands. Nothing beats a V8, especially a low reviving torque monster. :)
I'm with you on the sound and nostalgia side of things. On the performance side and maintenance side, it's a very lopsided battle. You should give it a try at some point. Might not be your cup of tea, but the instantaneous torque and AWD grip is something to be experienced.

Best,

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
You give up a bit when going for a Tesla; they aren't particularly well made, or even that attractive, really. It is all about the software. Though that Cyber Truck is interesting because it looks like an old school rendition of Warthog, or something from the original Playstation days.

M Todd; I always had a thing for the 300Z TT...that's a sweet ride, especially in 2+2 version.
I always loved the way they looked too. Pop the hood on one some day. They were/are an absolute nightmare to work on.

Best,

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,756 Posts
I'm with you on the sound and nostalgia side of things. On the performance side and maintenance side, it's a very lopsided battle. You should give it a try at some point. Might not be your cup of tea, but the instantaneous torque and AWD grip is something to be experienced.

Best,
I have had the Tesla experience, didn’t like it. Speed without noise is just too strange a feeling. Noise also helps me determine things like engine health and such.

Lastly I hate technology in general so it is the antithesis of what I want. :) I’ll leave these to others who like that stuff. (y)

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I have had the Tesla experience, didn’t like it. Speed without noise is just too strange a feeling. Noise also helps me determine things like engine health and such.

Lastly I hate technology in general so it is the antithesis of what I want. :) I’ll leave these to others who like that stuff. (y)
Hah, yeah I'm a tech guy at heart even though I also enjoy things like machining my own parts, building things from hunks of metal and wood, etc. It's all good.

Best,

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I always loved the way they looked too. Pop the hood on one some day. They were/are an absolute nightmare to work on.

Best,
I've seen them - like stuffing double D's into a single D or even C cup! I recall when the 'new' Altima came out and they stuffed a 3.5L in that already tight engine bay; couldn't even get a hand in there w/enough room to turn a wrench. Not that it mattered; the guy who'd just bought it had about as much automotive experience as my then 6 year old daughter. lol

81 - 88 of 88 Posts