Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my JKU Sahara. Bought it new last year for all the wrong reasons. I loved the way it looked, and I HATED the way it drove. I dreaded getting on any road with a speed limit of 45 or higher, and that was with the new bone stock suspension LOL! I wish I had considered Mopar muscle back then. I'm SO thankful to be in a Charger now. :banana:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I started off buying a 08' Charger SXT new, and kept it until January of 2017. I traded that in at 61,000 miles for a new 16' Charger AWD Raylle which was kept until last month LOL! Traded that in at 9,000 miles for my 18' Daytona. I will hold on to this one for quite some time. If I do get the itch again, I will probably trade it in for another Charger, I love these cars!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
I started off buying a 08' Charger SXT new, and kept it until January of 2017. I traded that in at 61,000 miles for a new 16' Charger AWD Raylle which was kept until last month LOL! Traded that in at 9,000 miles for my 18' Daytona. I will hold on to this one for quite some time. If I do get the itch again, I will probably trade it in for another Charger, I love these cars!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Better check with the wife first.

·
Registered
844 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
2014 Durango Citadel v6 AWD. I had it for a year, realized about 1 month in that I am not an SUV guy.

2012 Charger RT before that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In 2014, I had to get a 5 year or newer car for work car allotment program.
Created a hand me down situation.
I traded in my sons parent convenience beater 2000 Regal for a 2014 Charger R/T.
Gave him my well maintained 2006 Grand Prix GT.

Last month he traded 06 GP for a 2017 Charger Daytona 392.
Which we couldn't jack up to change oil on 4th and I took to my mechanic today as I was on vacation and he was working. Ran a few errands, hit some highways, etc....
I really need a faster charger now!

·
Registered
945 Posts
A 2010 Charger R/T AWD, and for that I traded in a 2008 Chevy Impala LT.

·
184 Posts
Traded in my 2009 R/T AWD (130,000 miles) on my 2014 R/T AWD (20,000 miles), in March.
I wasn’t committed to trading the ‘09, but when I went to look at the ‘14 the dealer offered to take mine in trade. We haggled a bit, and settled on a price I could live with. Not having to sell my ‘09 myself was well worth it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
2009 Cadillac CTS. I had always been a luxury car guy prior to the Charger. When the second gen CTSs came out in '08 I wanted one from first sight. Then I finally bought a fully loaded, AWD, low mileage '09 model in 2011 and well lets just say that within a year I traded my "beloved" Caddy for my '12 R/T and haven't looked back once! Aside from the fancy wood trim on the steering wheel the Charger blows the Cadillac away in every regard. Performance, ride, handling, comfort, features, and above all QUALITY!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had a '16 JK Rubicon that I traded on my '18 Daytona 392.

The Jeep was fun, and it was fun adding stuff to it and modding it. It was NOT a highway rig. Not many things shaped like a brick are. I would travel the highway at 65-70 mph, but that was about the limit of my comfort level. It seemed that the gas mileage was worse on the interstate than it was around town, and around town, I was "happy" when I got 15 mpg.

I would borrow the wife's Skat Pack Shaker Chally if I needed to make a road trip; I make a 2 hour road trip at least once a month for a safety meeting. It was game over for the Jeep when I took the Chally on a road trip to Little Rock, AR. I was sold on the 392. I had ordered my Daytona within a week of returning from that particular road trip, and I haven't looked back

Exco

·
Registered
217 Posts
I traded a '14 Fusion Hybrid. I put 113K miles on it in less than 4 years. It was showing signs of battery fatigue and with a replacement price of $5K for the big battery, it was a no-brainer to use that money as a down on something else. I went to Dodge to buy the Max Care Warranty and just happened into the Charger I have now. I'm definitely hooked! My youngest will be driving in 5 years, that will be just about right timing to pass this one down to him and get myself the Hellcat. It also gives me 5 years to convince the wife that the Hellcat is a necessity!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nothing, bought it outright, however I really do need to sell a couple-

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I traded in a pimped up 99 626 for my '10 SXT, which I still have at 115k. I bought it off-lease with 6800 miles on it. She's been a great runner, but I think it is time I add two more cylinders- then I'll be happy(er). Scatpack or bust!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts