Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy this charger srt8 all options even rear dvd , price 34,900 with 13,000 miles its a 2007. Has good year eagle rsa tires.

what should i look for when I go to take a look at it?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Look at the tire wear, the rotor, leaks, smoke out of the exhaust, the windshield for pits and small cracks, the paint, the paint, the paint for chips, flaws, serious orange peel, the interior...trim, seats, for holes, rips, etc. Drive it.....any hesitation? Any stange noises? Thumps or clunks? How does it shift? Look at the wheels....have they been curbed? Is the trunk dry? Look at the coolant....smell the coolant. Is it cloudy, and does it smell like ammonia? WOrk all optins.....all windows.....are all door panels, hood, fenders aligned properly? Check it out totally...and in the light! Good luck. For a few thousand more, you could get a new 08!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Look at the tire wear, the rotor, leaks, smoke out of the exhaust, the windshield for pits and small cracks, the paint, the paint, the paint for chips, flaws, serious orange peel, the interior...trim, seats, for holes, rips, etc. Drive it.....any hesitation? Any stange noises? Thumps or clunks? How does it shift? Look at the wheels....have they been curbed? Is the trunk dry? Look at the coolant....smell the coolant. Is it cloudy, and does it smell like ammonia? WOrk all optins.....all windows.....are all door panels, hood, fenders aligned properly? Check it out totally...and in the light! Good luck. For a few thousand more, you could get a new 08!
What shodanusmc is saying is do everything you'd normally do when checking out any used car.

I'd add though for SRT8 specific issues, check the coolant tank for residue/"gunk" (TSB), grooves on 06 non-slotted SRT8 disc brakes (TSB), 1-to-2 full-throttle shift hestitation (TSB), sun-roof rattle-if equipped, and trunk-lid "closure" fitment. Besides that, I can't think of any other SRT8 specific issues.

·
Registered
575 Posts
As much as you can, find out if it has been modded in any way. Some mods (internal) you won't be able to tell, but others - you'll want to just be aware of that. Others will probably chime in more on this - you don't want to get stuck with something someone got rid of because a mod went bad. Probably that's not the case here, but just another consideration....

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Check the coolant resevoir to see if there has been any modification or gunk collecting. It's a well documented issue with the SRTs. With any used performance car, be sure to do your homework.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
check if it has a 6.1 engine... maybe it was only upbadged!!!!
lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ask for service records to check that synthetic oil was used.
Check trunk for air compressor and the sealant canister is intact (unused).
OEM SRT wheels. Engraved SRT on spoke. Also solid spoke, some replicas are hollow on the back side.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I don't think I would buy a used SRT8
WHY NOT???? These cars are great! If I couldn't have afforded a brand new one, I definately would've waited and bought one used. Are you kidding me?

With less than 12k miles, no mods or trips to the drags (though pushed hard :wink:), perfect maintenance,... My 06 (picked up 18 Jan 06) would be a great "new" used car for someone.

---Too bad I'll probably never sell it :grin: :grin: ---

--(Theoretically, the Chargers that you and I own are "used cars" every time we go out for a drive.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats with the eagle rsa tires on this car. I thougt it was suppossed to have the F1 tires? Think this could be a good haggling point because the price of the
tires?

·
Registered
798 Posts
whats with the eagle rsa tires on this car. I thougt it was suppossed to have the F1 tires? Think this could be a good haggling point because the price of the
tires?
Depends on where you live. Besides, the F1s aren't THAT much better.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't think I would buy a used SRT8
I let someone else take the hit and saved myself $15,000 waiting 6 months and 3400 miles. I was at the dealership ready to buy and brand new one when they first came out but I ended up waiting. Sure enough I found a used Inferno six months later and I went from $45,000 (options I,II,III) to $32,000 (options I,II,III) with 3400 miles on it. I also did not have to fork up the gas guzzler tax and my sales tax was less. Interest rate was originally 2.9% on the new one and I ended paying 4% in the end. Call me crazy but I would think this is the better move.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes and check ALL the above on a new 08 also!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I let someone else take the hit and saved myself $15,000 waiting 6 months and 3400 miles. I was at the dealership ready to buy and brand new one when they first came out but I ended up waiting. Sure enough I found a used Inferno six months later and I went from $45,000 (options I,II,III) to $32,000 (options I,II,III) with 3400 miles on it. I also did not have to fork up the gas guzzler tax and my sales tax was less. Interest rate was originally 2.9% on the new one and I ended paying 4% in the end. Call me crazy but I would think this is the better move.
Holy sh*t that is the deal i'm looking for. I have about 4,000 in negative equity on my trade in, i'm gonna offer 32,000 out the door on their 34,900 priced srt8 with option 1 2 3 and rear dvd.

It has the canister and air compressor, was built in 0ct 2006, leased december 06. august 07 it went to auction and somehow landed at this dealer ship. with 13, 500 miles priced at 34,900

They claim to have the lowest price "no haggle" for similar vehicle, but in new jersey there is a srt8 for 30,000 with 10,000 miles so if these guys won't work with me i'll try there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes and check ALL the above on a new 08 also!
oh it was getting detailed at the dealership when i got there. The garage was open with an over head heater. About 55 degrees outside today. They started the car so I could drive it and smoke poured out of the exhaust. It looked like special effects from a fog machine, but then they soon stopped after about 20 or so seconds. But I've never seen that much smoke except from an old beater car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
oh it was getting detailed at the dealership when i got there. The garage was open with an over head heater. About 55 degrees outside today. They started the car so I could drive it and smoke poured out of the exhaust. It looked like special effects from a fog machine, but then they soon stopped after about 20 or so seconds. But I've never seen that much smoke except from an old beater car.
Smoke OR steam?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
check if it has a 6.1 engine... maybe it was only upbadged!!!!
lol
DAMN!!! it was a 2.7. I was about to post that, lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts