Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying new headers :) what should I expect from them? Also how many hours for a typical install. What warranty type issues may occur? I'm planning on stopping by my dealer to ask them about warranty related issues.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
POWER gains for sure...with either gibsons or dynatech...do a search and decide which may be better for you (me dynatech in a few months - some others like the gibsons esp. if you are in cali)

guys have posted 30 to 40 dynoed hp gains with aftermarket exhausts and cai.

others have posted 15 t0 20 dynoed hp gains without those mods.

my point - there is a gain....and you can feel it!!!! i think the torque was like a 50 ft/tq gain or however you put that last part.

warranty - depends i guess - obviously they wouldn't cover anything back behind that and if sensor go off they might not cover that either - i would ask.

install - everyone says it is a b*tch!!!!! i put my car up alot so i have really looked at it hard....i will tackle anything but that is one i may pay someone to do.....it has taken guys 6 to 10 hours to do themselves.....just not sure if i will do this one myself. there is no room to play with under there at all. may have a mechanic buddy do it for some "budlight".

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I've only put the K&N drop in in so far but I'm holding out for a while to decided on which CAI to go with. I have the Borla 125's going on probably this weekend after I had some issues finding them in stock and ready to actually ship LOL

I've got the wife sold on CAI + exhaust will help the gas mileage (I think) so hopefully she'll let me do headers if they do actually help (more HP + driving carefully does = better MPG)

if people are really getting 30-40 HP out of headers that could quite possibly be the most important mod to do!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Penroof28 said:
Too much noise! Unless you plan to drag race.
Noise...Smoise (ok, that was gay)...I think it would be kick ass myself...after all, it is a HEMI! Not momma's 6cyl van... :jeez:

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
think about it.... if you get 40 HP at the wheels thats sorta like 60 at the engine which puts you in the 400HP area.... with a little more work you might be able to get sub 13 second quarter mile times MMMMM I'm certainly interested... I don't care too much about the noise since I have a 12" subwoofer boomin in my trunk most of the time :) windows up also keeps most outside noise out.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
noise...man that is the whole point isn't it....more noise = more power = more coolness = getting laid (ok went too far - besides i already have that last one...nice thing about marriage...hehe)

yeah farkedup...impressive mod....impressive numbers and they are not bs numbers...i am doing it...just wanted to get the others first....my idea is that if i knock off the "cheap" (cheap - meaning my wife doesn't really notice) mods then i can save up for xmas present for me (or wife) to get the headers - otherwise i am looking at jan or feb b/c we have kids and xmas is coming.

oh and the only problem i have read - forgot the post this part - is that he people aren't seating the sensors correctly (apparently you have to do a little dremel work) and it gives off cels, but once they get it to seat correctly - no cels.

if ya got the money - get it and then i WANT some sound clips. i heard a magnum with the headers, cai and exhaust - HOLY SH*T.....and they are also saying you can feel the rumble on the floor board - are you excited yet.....I AM!!!

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to pay off the wifes car (near $9k left) and take a chunk out of the charger before I can do too many mods :( by spring time I'll have her car taken care of and a very good chunk of the charger paid off. by then I'm planning on buying a vette or some kind of 2 seater for a project and just go NUTS with power and target 11 second or less quarters :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
NICE!!!!!!!! pretty much same thing on wifes car....we will have paid it off a few years ahead of time but we are looking at feb for complete pay off so we saved alot on interest....nice thing is she said she can wait a few years for a new car....so i am gonna go nuts with mods after feb. (of course i am getting pretty close to maxing out except for big stuff - i am still thinking about the s/c - just scared to death of getting it and breaking something = more money)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
GoDaddy said:
noise...man that is the whole point isn't it....more noise = more power = more coolness = getting laid (ok went too far - besides i already have that last one...nice thing about marriage...hehe)
lol YES

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i heard a magnum with the headers, cai and exhaust - HOLY SH*T.....and they are also saying you can feel the rumble on the floor board - are you excited yet.....I AM!!!
holy **** url now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think it was Hot Rod magazine this month they gained something like 81 hp at the engine with a headers installed on the 5.7L hemi. Sounds like good news to me. :grin:

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW is all I can say :) If I can get this done for anything under $2k I want it! Anything more and my wife might not let me LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts