Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i can't stand it, it's plain and ugly, dull, cheap.

i've been trying to look for interior dash panel trim kits. but so far i can't find anything has anything sample image that's anywhere remotely accurate to the actual car. mostly just graphs and drawings of the pieces, or pictures of a completely different vehicle, which does not help me picture the look at all.

i am hoping to find some interior dash trim kits that doesn't look cheap and plastic. i am just looking to go with the existing silver dash look, and perhaps add some one or two carbon fiber pieces. i am not looking to plaster the whole dash with a single tone kit, which is not what i am into; but rather something subtle and tasteful.

any ideas?

2006srt

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I like your idea of adding some carbon fiber, it would look cool if you replace the big plastic pieces around the radio and the a/c/heater knobs.

However i will say the whole wooden thing i wouldn't go for it. And my reason is cause i feel car comapnies that come out with those are the ones who make high end cars, bmw, benz, audi, etc etc.

The fine wood and leather goes well with those cars of the sticker price tag, and personally i think these things added into a charger makes it look more cheap and tacky, and a wannabe luxury car.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I agree these interiors are absolutely HORRIBLE

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like your idea of adding some carbon fiber, it would look cool if you replace the big plastic pieces around the radio and the a/c/heater knobs.

However i will say the whole wooden thing i wouldn't go for it. And my reason is cause i feel car comapnies that come out with those are the ones who make high end cars, bmw, benz, audi, etc etc.

The fine wood and leather goes well with those cars of the sticker price tag, and personally i think these things added into a charger makes it look more cheap and tacky, and a wannabe luxury car.
i actually dislike the any of the after market wood trims. i just think they look nothing like the real thing and look off place.

i am looking more for additional silver color pieces to match the existing center silver color dash. and perhaps add a few, and just a few carbon fiber pieces to the mix to make it tasteful.

only problem is, what can i do

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
i actually dislike the any of the after market wood trims. i just think they look nothing like the real thing and look off place.

i am looking more for additional silver color pieces to match the existing center silver color dash. and perhaps add a few, and just a few carbon fiber pieces to the mix to make it tasteful.

you could always paint parts to match the silver bezels.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i remember one time somebody on this forum used an 06 exterior door panel dent guard, and turned it into a nice interior accent on the door. i think he just cut the large piece into two smaller ones and stuck on onto the interior door panel.

does anyone know if you can get this part ordered from the dealer? and does it come pre-painted? (probably not). if so, i'd like to start off with that. i hate the door panel the most.

i don't think i will be taking off any part and paint them myself, i don't really have that much time. i was hoping someone here would know any good quality trim that attaches themselves on without disassembly.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

I'm also on the same when it comes to the after market trim.

If you have some cash or you can do it yourself change the interior colour.maybe white or the vanilal white ??? Just a thought. As for the dash there really isn't much.

·
Registered
592 Posts
the options are almost endless!

I've hated the plastic since day 1 also, but I couldn't find any great solutions until I realized I could do it myself. Fortunately I already had black door panels.

I recovered the armrest pads and part of the door panels in suede.
I recovered the center console, headliner, sun visors, pillars and sunroof as well.
I painted the switch bezels on all 4 doors, the ashtray, lower switch panel (heated seats), and overhead console silver (to match the dash & steering wheel)
I brushed all chrome interior pieces for a machined finish
Replaced the airbag emblem w/ plastic 'bubble sticker'
Continued silver dash stripe in front of driver.
Custom brushed aluminum dead pedal and pedal covers.
Customized floor mats w/ brushed aluminum accents.
Under dash and seat blue LED lighting.
Blue CCFL trunk lighting
Custom trunk net
Oh yeah, a Garmin Nuvi mounted inside the sunglass holder.

These mods aren't even all that drastic; I still have the factory stereo, speakers, seats, upholstery, etc. There are guys that go totally over-the-top with their interior mods. Great for show, but typically bad for foot traffic and daily use.

There are plenty of DIY interior ideas out there. Some great, some not so much. Regardless of the mods you choose, don't do anything that can't stand up to daily use; it will only end up looking like crap and costing you more $$ to do again.

Open some car magazines and look for some interiors that you like. Find a few that you hate too. Now combine everything that you liked into a 'theme' of colors, materials, etc. that match your car and your style.

Avoid the temptation to buy almost anything sold @ PepBoys (or the like) intended to 'enhance' your factory interior. The dice door lock pulls are not really cool.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've hated the plastic since day 1 also, but I couldn't find any great solutions until I realized I could do it myself. Fortunately I already had black door panels.

I recovered the armrest pads and part of the door panels in suede.
I recovered the center console, headliner, sun visors, pillars and sunroof as well.
I painted the switch bezels on all 4 doors, the ashtray, lower switch panel (heated seats), and overhead console silver (to match the dash & steering wheel)
I brushed all chrome interior pieces for a machined finish
Replaced the airbag emblem w/ plastic 'bubble sticker'
Continued silver dash stripe in front of driver.
Custom brushed aluminum dead pedal and pedal covers.
Customized floor mats w/ brushed aluminum accents.
Under dash and seat blue LED lighting.
Blue CCFL trunk lighting
Custom trunk net
Oh yeah, a Garmin Nuvi mounted inside the sunglass holder.

These mods aren't even all that drastic; I still have the factory stereo, speakers, seats, upholstery, etc. There are guys that go totally over-the-top with their interior mods. Great for show, but typically bad for foot traffic and daily use.

There are plenty of DIY interior ideas out there. Some great, some not so much. Regardless of the mods you choose, don't do anything that can't stand up to daily use; it will only end up looking like crap and costing you more $$ to do again.

Open some car magazines and look for some interiors that you like. Find a few that you hate too. Now combine everything that you liked into a 'theme' of colors, materials, etc. that match your car and your style.

Avoid the temptation to buy almost anything sold @ PepBoys (or the like) intended to 'enhance' your factory interior. The dice door lock pulls are not really cool.;)
That's an incredible job you did there! By the way, what paint did you use to match the silver pieces?

Us 06-07 guys have got it much worse in the interior, unfortunately - the worst offender being the beige lower dash and door panels. Instead of worrying about the entire interior, my approach will be to just work on one specific area that can stand out - the shifter area. I'm planning on painting the large bezel around the shifter my body color (like Daytonas used to have) and a black Hurst Comp Stick kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts