Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty much out of ideas on performance modding, without having to seriously mod the engine... just the usual addons... heres a list just to let yall know what i´ve been spending my chash on:

Tinted windows
Typhoon K&A Intake
Flowmaster Performance Exhaust "60 series"
Jet 180 Thermostat
Jet Stage 2 Performance Chip
Personalized engine cover
Hood Struts
Rider Graphix Torred skirt decal
Reflashed tranny software
QTP Electric Exhaust
JBA Short headers

I was thinking a programer, but i al ready have the jet stage 2 chip.... so i dont know... should i stop here or keep going.... anyone got some input???

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'd suggest Long tube headers and hi-flow cats or no cats ... Go long or go home :) Are there smog restrictions in Mexico?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Heck no there are no smog restrictions, at least not were I go they usually don't run the cats at least not the one that are modding there cars. Thats were I had my cat removed on a Honda that I had.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I would just uprgrade to the Diablo and sell the chip you can do so much more with a programmer. Maybe a high stall converter thats not messing with the engine, or better yet a limited slip defferential.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like the no cats mod... how many horses do i get with it.. and do i get a check engine if i take them out...? and you are correct there are no emissions laws in effect where i live... i think they only apply in mexico city and guadalajara city... so far

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I would just uprgrade to the Diablo and sell the chip you can do so much more with a programmer. Maybe a high stall converter thats not messing with the engine, or better yet a limited slip defferential.
If you plan on doing some serious drag racing the stall converter and lsd might be a good idea, but as far as everyday driving and better performance, I would recommend getting diablo. I had a jet chip on my v6 charger and it didn't feel like it made a difference at all. Most people would agree that Diablo > jetchip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Before you upgrade to the Diablo wait until they have the international issues out of the way. To my knowledge only the cars with American calibration IDs can work with the unit right now. They are finishing up rewriting the units to work with the international calids, but that could be a couple of weeks from now. Just be for warned. With that out of the way I would toss the Jet chip and go with the Diablo as soon as possible, you will love it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Go long or go home :) Are there smog restrictions in Mexico?
haha you can get laid for 20 bucks (ive been told) y would there be smog laws. . lol. .

·
Registered
342 Posts
haha you can get laid for 20 bucks (ive been told) y would there be smog laws. . lol. .
So the $350 spent on the Predator, divided by $20 .... hmmm :dead:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so will i get a check engine light with the no cats mod??? and how much could i get for a my jet chip stage II

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
running offroad pipes( catless pipes) will definately give you CELs.
if you have a predator you can tune them out and they wont pop up.
but you wont pass inspection without cats if that is an issue for where you live.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
running offroad pipes( catless pipes) will definately give you CELs.
if you have a predator you can tune them out and they wont pop up.
but you wont pass inspection without cats if that is an issue for where you live.

trust me that wont be a issue... i just boght my inspection and the guy sayed that sins it was an 06 i didnt need one and he just sold me the sticker... VIVA MEXICO!!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yeah diablo won't work on any chargers produced outside of the US. 20 bucks where do you get them for that, I have 'heard" that a private dance goes for at least that much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts