Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the biggest tire I can put on my stock 18s without any modifications to the car? I'm looking at 255/55/18s. I want to have some more rubber fill up the wheelwell. Will these fit? I'm thinking of getting the tires from Sam's Club.

I'm also thinking of going with Michelin. I want good traction but not a treadwear rating of 200 :rolleyes2: Any Michelin fans out there?

Thanks for all the input! :driving:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump:

:cry:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The round one's work best......

I've seen 255/55/18 doubt you can go much bigger on stock rims.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Ones that are rubber, and round that are made for a 18" wheel.....IMHO.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
General makes a UHP in 255/55/18, nice tire, IMO you can't go wrong with a Michelin either. I've got them on my Saab and they stick like glue wet or dry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get some big fat ones

And then get out the torch and hammer to make 'em fit! :banana:

With all the power you keep talking about you'll need the trakshion. You got that new cam ordered yet?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ones that are rumbber, and round that are made for a 18" wheel.....IMHO.
If you're going to make fun you should make sure your spelling is right :slap: :biggrinjester:

General makes a UHP in 255/55/18, nice tire, IMO you can't go wrong with a Michelin either. I've got them on my Saab and they stick like glue wet or dry.
Cool - Thanks!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
You added that, I spelled it right :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
go with the 255/55/18. It's the best size for the 18's imo. All the michelins in that size will run pretty high dollar though. When I was pricing around on mine, I ended up going with the Goodyear Eagle Responsedge. I love them.

I'd also advise not going with Sam's Club or Wal-Mart as they're getting out of the tire business supposedly in 2010.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got 255 55's that are too tall....

go with 255 45 18 or 265 35 18

I would love to go with a 275 40 18-they dont fit.....

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
yeah..too tall.....lower profile looks sleek......taller tires look like donuts......I like donuts with my coffee just not on my ride. imo ofcourse...

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
http://www.groupawheels.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=b012b366-5792-4c2f-af82-e1100f651640

try here.....These are Vred's, I'm going to get them for both of the cars!!
Show off! 2 cars and 8 Vreds. Nice...can you order 4 275/40ZR20s for me and have them shipped to me. I swear I'll pay you back...$20/month for the next 4 years. :biggrinjester:

yeah..too tall.....lower profile looks sleek......taller tires look like donuts......I like donuts with my coffee just not on my ride. imo ofcourse...
So you like big gaps in the wheel well? :notallthere:

:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Show off! 2 cars and 8 Vreds. Nice...can you order 4 275/40ZR20s for me and have them shipped to me. I swear I'll pay you back...$20/month for the next 4 years. :biggrinjester:

:slap::slap:

So you like big gaps in the wheel well? :notallthere:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
:rofl:

I deserved those slaps didn't I? :rolleyes2:

:D

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
:yes::yes:

Point taken! :)

LongDriving...

I have been running 255/55ZR18s for the past 2 driving seasons...and I love them. I had crappy Michelins as my stock tires and I DID NOT like them. MY GY Eagle F1 GS-D3s have been good to me...really improved traction in wet and dry conditions. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I was going to go to Sam's Club...I didn't hear they were getting out of the tire business :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts