Charger Forums banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanx for Canada justice system. That's sad to see things like that happens. I would get back at her by all means.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well thank god i have my car back - they gave me a f-ing corolla as a rental. i still need to take it back next week when i get the replacement decal from Ridergraphics. so one side has a decal and the other side is naked!

again - thanks for all your support guys/gals! you all rock! i love this forum!

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
ok I'm a bad person I would have done 3k in damage back to her car. Slashed all 4 tires and a broken window or 2.
LOL, I'm not going to tell you that I would destroy her car.... I'm really sorry this happened. I always watch my car like a hawk.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
LOL, I'm not going to tell you that I would destroy her car.... I'm really sorry this happened. I always watch my car like a hawk.
yea i do too - unfortunatly it took her like a minute to do it, and the car was out of my site for less then 10 minutes! what really sucks is now i am totally paranoid. i went to see star trek (which absolutley kicks a$$!) and all i could think about was "i hope nobody screws with my car while im watching the movie".

·
Registered
355 Posts
You could always just grab a few of your friends together and roll her car over in the parking lot while she's at work. Imagine her face when she leaves work and finds her car upside down. There's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You could always just grab a few of your friends together and roll her car over in the parking lot while she's at work. Imagine her face when she leaves work and finds her car upside down. There's my 2 cents.
Thats fricken halarious !!!! You would have to have someone with a video camera !!!! Youtube here we come :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
i cant stop laughing! aw crap i just spit beer on my keyboard! :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
sorry if this has been said before because i dont have the time right now to look through the 5 pages lol...but look online for one of those sites where you pay a few dollars to get all the driver info from a license number....i say take a little trip to her house with a nice bat or hell....id key thanks for slamming the brakes on the side of her door with a simely face

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
no apologies needed! thanks for the advice - man aren't we all a bunch of diabolical bastards! we should form the Charger Army!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Could always buy some cheap jack stands, jack up her car and throw the jack stands under the drive wheels so it sits just off the groun. Chances are she'd never notice getting into the car, especially if you put the stands to where the suspensions would still flex. She'd put it in gear and the car would never move. Would probably end up calling a towing company to have them come out and tell her it's just sitting offf the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
^^^ that is simply genius.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Could always buy some cheap jack stands, jack up her car and throw the jack stands under the drive wheels so it sits just off the groun. Chances are she'd never notice getting into the car, especially if you put the stands to where the suspensions would still flex. She'd put it in gear and the car would never move. Would probably end up calling a towing company to have them come out and tell her it's just sitting offf the ground.
Wow I'm impressed with all the ingenuity here !!! :smokin:

·
Registered
10,644 Posts
Make sure you send her a certified demand letter for damaged. First step in a small claims. You can deliver one in person and talk to her, but make sure you also mail a certified copy as proof to the courts that you tried to resolve it before court.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
^^^ excellent heads up, thanks. have you had to do the small claims thing before? if so how much of a nightmare is it?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
if you go to small claims, then the 'defendant' (the beaatch who keyed your car) will have to appear and try to deny doing it.
I'm sure it won't get that far once she knows the gears of justice are turning.

·
Registered
10,644 Posts
I was a process server for years in Vegas when I turned 18. Who would have ever thought some 18 year old kid at the door was going to serve them with legal process? LOL
Process is pretty strait forward.
1) Send a certified letter stating demand, ie You owe me a thousand bucks because you keyed my car. Include the fact that you have a witness, and any bills incurred. The demand letter must have a date by which they must pay ( In Nevada it was 10 days but your state may vary. Those are also business days, and not calendar days)
2) If she does not pay, you must go to the local court house to file a small claim case. You must bring the bills, list of witnesses you intend to have there, and the certified receipt that she has to sign when getting the letter as proof that you tried to resolve it, and a copy of the letter that you sent.
3) Once it is processed (usually about 15 minutes to set a date and record the infomation into the justice court system) you will have to have her served the small claims suit. You can hire a private company, have the courts serve it (you will have to pay for this but if you win you get all court costs) or in some states you can have a private person do it with proof of service (all states vary)
4) You show up at court. If she shows, you show your proof, she tries to say she didnt do it (and may bring false aliby, witness, whatever)
Judge makes the decision. Small claims judges frequently frown on lawyers. This is straight up Judge Judy type stuff. If either party does not show up, they lose.
5) Once you win, she needs to pay you. If she does not, you can have the justice of the peace garnish wages, or if she has a business they can go in and clean out what she owes you from the business, or even once I saw someone I had served and who had lost had their car towed and sold at auction, all over a 600 wall that they had agreed to share cost of with their neighbor and then renegged. THAT was funny stuff.
Typically its a 3 to 4 month process depending on how long it takes the court to set the date. (in 1991 in Clark County Nevada once you filed the small claims the date was typically 2-3 months from date of filing)
Remember that if you win, all costs (service, court fees) are also her responsibility.
If that doesnt work, draino in a gas tank makes a big boom.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Then after you do what you decide..Get a Restraining Order against her and have it served at her workplace as well....She has MENTAL Problems and you fear her retaliation..so get her restrained..:)

41 - 60 of 115 Posts