Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
You got some strange justice system down there if the cops can't do anything about that, especially if there is a witness.

WTF? :confused:

-=FLEX=-
It's not that they can't, they don't want to. We had a situation in my small town where the sargent REFUSED to take prints in a large theft situation. The victims called the local press, who called the chief (on vacation)and said do you really want me to run this story? Guess what, the prints convicted the offenders.

To the OP, SUE for the maximum the court will allow, including the insurance portion, and loss of value. You'll have to pay the insurance company back their amount. You have $1k deductible on comprehensive too? That's usually a lower amount.

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
You have $1k deductible on comprehensive too? That's usually a lower amount.
Yeah, that does sound high. Mine is only $500.

The OP might want to look into that. In my experience, the reduction in premium from going from $500 to $1,000 is negligible anyway.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I wish you the best of luck in small claims...

Kudos for the witness for being a good person... You are very lucky there was a good person in the area...
I'd totally send a thank you gift... not many people would have done that..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Check with the Starbucks manager to see if they have cameras on the parking lot. Maybe they caught this dirty B**** in the act. Sorry this happened to you. It sux! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well I know what I would do....

·
Registered
703 Posts
I would go to her work confront her give her the bill tell her she has a choice, pay the bill or you are taking her to court & make sure she knows you have a witness !!! I think I would probably sink to her level after court :)
I damn well can garauntee I would sink to her level..maybe even a lower level!
Thats WRONG and sometimes you cant "Turn the other Cheek"
I know your supposed to..But I aint JC!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey so you said you dont want to sink to her level... and u said that it would seem like a young "punk" would do tht... hmmm im only 18 ; ) i can swing by and go have a tlk with the side of her car for ya. and you dont have to feel bad... you dont know anything..... lol

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
ok I'm a bad person I would have done 3k in damage back to her car. Slashed all 4 tires and a broken window or 2.

·
Registered
498 Posts
What a *****! :(

Like a couple of other people have said, I would have been tempted to do something in retaliation - but we're all civilized people here, so it's good you didn't. ;)
It does upset me that the police won't do anything: That's one reason why we have a police force, so that people don't get into stupid revenge fights...

As you are in California, this site might be helpful:
http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/smallclaims/
With a motive, opportunity, and a witness, you can probably meet the "balance of probability" standard that's normally required in civil law.

My suggestion is to get the papers served at her work in front of her coworkers and boss either by the cops or a couple of large friends who loudly tell everyone that it's for vandalism. -Apparently you cannot do it yourself and that link shows how to do it legally.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
thank you everyone! very good advice by all! i think i will go to her work and talk to her first - maybe she will realize she f-d up big, i am willing to let it go if she pays me back and never does this to anyone again. if she aholes up then i guess i will try small claims - but damnit i want gratification now! hopefully Karma (aka thug for hire) will intervene first! :)

blacked out - i meant no disrespect, thats why i said "young punk-maybe" i was a seriously evil dude when i was younger even did jail time (a couple of times) but even me in my ahole youth would have never done something like this.

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
My suggestion is to get the papers served at her work in front of her coworkers and boss either by the cops or a couple of large friends who loudly tell everyone that it's for vandalism.
That idea I like. :bigthumb:

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That idea I like. :bigthumb:

-=FLEX=-
x2 - it will be a couple of big dudes - whether the papers are real or not, i am unsure - either way her work will know what type of person they have working with them. i hope that someone at her work got keyed by her and now they would be aware that it was her. funny if she had keyed her boss in the past!:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
thank you everyone! very good advice by all! i think i will go to her work and talk to her first - maybe she will realize she f-d up big, i am willing to let it go if she pays me back and never does this to anyone again. if she aholes up then i guess i will try small claims - but damnit i want gratification now!
That's a good idea! The checklist actually says to try to resolve it in person first:
http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/smallclaims/checklist.htm

Another suggestion: If you go to her work then take a witness (so she can't accuse you of threats or whatever) and give her a VERY polite 'demand letter' and copy of the bill. Retain your own copies of course! :)

And don't forget to ask every person where she is and tell them why you're looking for her. ;) You're right though: It would be hillarious if her boss had been 'mysteriously' keyed in the past. :D

(I should add that I know nothing about law - your story is just interesting enough that I googled for what you should do!)

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
And now back to Reality... Several good (legal) suggestions here- best of luck to you with this idiot! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
440 Posts
messing with some ones car is a MAN LAW, if its not stated as such then it should be. and yes i know it was some old hag but men are the dominant sex so our laws trump theirs by default.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would follow the legal route..make her pay for damages+rental+fees+emotional restitution for seeing your car like that :p.

If that doesnt work out. Heres what you do.

#1. Make posters of her face (if you can), name, story with the damage to the car, plaster the ALL over her neighborhood, around her work, every car in the parking lot at work. EVERYWHERE. Skip #2 if you dont wanna cause any damages
#2. Hire some kids (most kids under 18 are willing to do anything as their record clears). Pay them a hundred bucks or so, formulate a plan. I would say key, maybe spray paint a few nasty things into her car, slash tires and her convertible top, and to top it off, write "Karma" on a brick and have them put it through her windshield. Well scratch that last part, they'll probably figure it has to do with you at that point. If you wanna go more serious, have them bring a jack, jack up the car, cut the fuel lines, bang up the cats, mess up the driveline and transmission, and make her pay big time.
#3. Since you have her address and stuff, I'm assuming you'll get her name. Sign her up for EVERYTHING spam you can find. Like coupons and stuff to flood her mailbox and maybe even call her house trying to sell stuff.
#4. Maybe buy some ad space in the newspaper, or see if they'd be interested in putting the story in there. :)

Thats all I got...theres my input.

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
I would follow the legal route..make her pay for damages+rental+fees+emotional restitution for seeing your car like that :p.

If that doesnt work out. Heres what you do.

#1. Make posters of her face (if you can), name, story with the damage to the car, plaster the ALL over her neighborhood, around her work, every car in the parking lot at work. EVERYWHERE. Skip #2 if you dont wanna cause any damages
#2. Hire some kids (most kids under 18 are willing to do anything as their record clears). Pay them a hundred bucks or so, formulate a plan. I would say key, maybe spray paint a few nasty things into her car, slash tires and her convertible top, and to top it off, write "Karma" on a brick and have them put it through her windshield. Well scratch that last part, they'll probably figure it has to do with you at that point. If you wanna go more serious, have them bring a jack, jack up the car, cut the fuel lines, bang up the cats, mess up the driveline and transmission, and make her pay big time.
#3. Since you have her address and stuff, I'm assuming you'll get her name. Sign her up for EVERYTHING spam you can find. Like coupons and stuff to flood her mailbox and maybe even call her house trying to sell stuff.
#4. Maybe buy some ad space in the newspaper, or see if they'd be interested in putting the story in there. :)

Thats all I got...theres my input.
I just made a mental note to never piss you off. :biggrinjester:

And just in case I did in the past, I'm sedning you a case of beer.

:beerchug:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Whatever you do, do NOT do anything to her car, or her property. Not only will you have sunk to her level, but the chances of legal action against you increase. Sure, "young punks" will do anything for a couple hundred dollars, but they will also rat you out in a heartbeat should the law start asking them questions. Sounds like you have a pretty good plan and some great suggestions to handle this the mature way.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just made a mental note to never piss you off. :biggrinjester:

And just in case I did in the past, I'm sedning you a case of beer.

:beerchug:

-=FLEX=-
Haha, no worries Flex. I would never do anything like that to you. Because I'm sure you would never do anything like this lady. I just hate people who do this stuff. I feel that when someone does something horrible and uncalled for, they deserve to get it back ten fold. I feel that steps 1,3, and 4 are ample enough to deliver the message without too much legal trouble. :).

Let this be a message! Lives of keyers shall be ruined! Ha.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts